SAU Community

M35 Exhaust

Yup, agree. I too prefer the nismo. For my car it's a bit overkill anyways. I couldn't see anything when I looked down a legalis, where as the nismo defiantly had the step down in it. Just goes to show, if you want outright and performance, go and see a fabricator like Scotty, then you know what your getting in regards to size. The GTR guys found this on their jap systems too!

Hey guys just did the brake cut mod today (simple and cheap) and after having the stag for around 8mths the need for more power is starting to arrive. I think exhaust is next but I love the fact my m35 is so quiet but spanks most cars with no fuss so I'm thinking dump pipe but the rest of exhaust standard? Will this give a good increase in power or would a full exhaust be way better? Money is also a bit of an issue as I don't think the missus is fully buying the " it's for better fuel economy line". Any advise would be aprechiated.

Hey guys just did the brake cut mod today (simple and cheap) and after having the stag for around 8mths the need for more power is starting to arrive. I think exhaust is next but I love the fact my m35 is so quiet but spanks most cars with no fuss so I'm thinking dump pipe but the rest of exhaust standard? Will this give a good increase in power or would a full exhaust be way better? Money is also a bit of an issue as I don't think the missus is fully buying the " it's for better fuel economy line". Any advise would be aprechiated.

If you were looking at doing one part of the exhaust the dump would be it. They have an extra Cat in them that really just doesn't flow. But really to take full advantage you would want to put a full system thru.

There are some quite exhaust options, for example the single outlet nismo that I have. It's not much louder then stock.

I did a 3" dump pipe on a standard exhaust, and it does make a difference; the stock dump is massively restrictive.

I'd advise a dump & front pipe with hiflow cat in 3", then reduce to 2.5 and into the stock system, if you need to keep it under the radar with the missus.
There would be a good gain in kw and torque, but virtually no change in exhaust note.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone ever had a resonator installed on their M35? If so, how did you go about it and what were the results?

I've got a Kakimoto R catback with custom dump pipe and front pipes but it's just too loud.

I'd like to add a resonator but was told there isn't enough straight sections in the system to fit one.

Any ideas?

Cheers

A resonator? What you want is a Helmholtz chamber, like the Nismo/Fujitsubo cat backs run. You won't find many exhaust shops that know what they are...

Easiest way is to fit a Varex muffler on the end, or run an active exhaust valve with a bypass muffler.

Has anyone ever had a resonator installed on their M35? If so, how did you go about it and what were the results?

I've got a Kakimoto R catback with custom dump pipe and front pipes but it's just too loud.

I'd like to add a resonator but was told there isn't enough straight sections in the system to fit one.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Do you still have a Cat in your set up?

Just asking as I have picked up a Kakimoto N1 and am wondering how loud this is going to be...

As Scotty mentioned Helmholtz chambers feature on a few M35 Jap shelf exausts, fujitsubo one looks like this.

Maybe see if you can get someone to fab up one for you?

Thanks again Scott for that. I did consider the Helmholtz chamber but thought it would cost too much to fabricate a custom one.

I might ask around more.

Dmyze - Yep I have a cat which is connected to my front pipe. The Kakimoto R is pretty damn loud but it's the cabin drone which kills it for me.

It's even more of an issue since I have a 2 year old plus another on the way.... I need it as quiet as possible.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Does a new dump and front pipe do much for exhaust noise?? Bit curious because i wouldnt consider my kaki cat back loud or droney at all really..

If you had a de-cat front pipe it would make a huge difference. both hte cat and front pipe will have cats inside them standard.

The Kakimoto N1 is loud as f**k lol, Excuse my french, i have one on my car atm. The drone on the inside of the car is also loud tho it gives a good idle tone. I can post a video for sound/to see what it looks like if ya like?

The Kakimoto N1 is loud as f**k lol, Excuse my french, i have one on my car atm. The drone on the inside of the car is also loud tho it gives a good idle tone. I can post a video for sound/to see what it looks like if ya like?

Damn, I've heard the one from the Russian guy Leki on YouTube, if you wanna put up a clip that would be awesome, cheers man.

The girlfriend is gunna love this I can tell, lol :/

This is what mine sounds like (Kakimoto N1) excuse the sideways video lol. After all we are just here for the sound :P

Cheers! Can't see the video tho, it's set to private.