SAU Community

Advanced Driving Course Trackday #2

V35-2005

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran my absolutely bog stock V35 at the high performance version of this last year, and despite some brake fade, had no issues whatsoever. You have more than enough opportunity to do cool-down laps and have breaks, so your car doesn't get a super hard workout.

Highly recommended for ANY vehicle in any ANY state of modification.

That said, my V35 will probably not see a track again - she is a luxury cruiser - not a race car :D

good news - i have enough interest to run the Advanced Driving course up at Mallala in June. i will also be able to retain last year's $385 pricing for this year ;)

however, the only change is that i have to shift the date from Tuesday June 22 to Monday June 21... this may not be a bad thing as i reckon people can make a long weekend of it.

so please confirm or register your interest from here on:

0. Tangles? (i'll talk to you on Monday)

1. GoAhead

2. niksta

3. Normsta

4. RBJETT

5. gsr600guy?

6. SXY 33

7. dark.sky

8. Cheddar

im there.

so who exactly will b running it...?

Kim will be running it. He will post up soon a few more details as to when money is due etc. If people could post if they are definates or not that would be great, just makes it easier to organise :action-smiley-069:

im there.

so who exactly will b running it...?

i am organising the event and the instructors from John Bowe Driving Institute will be running it on the day.

It sounds like it will be a good day, i'd definately be interested if there is still a free spot.

there are lots of spots at the moment. reply to this thread to get on the list that Heslo and i are compiling. you'll be able to secure your spot when Dean@JB and i get the enrolment form sorted out to be distributed.

I would like to be a part of this please, but I'm unsure whether my driving skill would be up to it.

How advanced is advanced? I finish building my 32 this weekend, engineering is next week but it's the first rear wheel drive, turbo-charged car I've ever owned.....all my others have been full time 4WD fishing cars or front wheel drive econo-boxes......am I out of my depth?

I'm sure the car would cope, but want to be sure I'm not holding up other people with my inexperience! Although I have had my motorbike licence for 10 years and have got a bit of experience on them.........what think ye?

I would like to be a part of this please, but I'm unsure whether my driving skill would be up to it.

How advanced is advanced? I finish building my 32 this weekend, engineering is next week but it's the first rear wheel drive, turbo-charged car I've ever owned.....all my others have been full time 4WD fishing cars or front wheel drive econo-boxes......am I out of my depth?

I'm sure the car would cope, but want to be sure I'm not holding up other people with my inexperience! Although I have had my motorbike licence for 10 years and have got a bit of experience on them.........what think ye?

if this is the first turbo FR car that you've had (a step up from FF econo-boxes) then this course is probably perfect for you.

essentially it is a step up from the usual Defensive Driving (Level 1) courses that are offered at most tracks around Australia. with this Level 2A course there will be a mixture of slalom, corner (braking-entry-apex-exit techniques), and dry/wet braking exercises that will put your car through its paces. you will have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the full circuit at the end of the event, but it won't be full on like yesterday's open trackday or the Level 2B High Performance Driving course that we ran last November - both those trackdays are very demanding on brakes and cooling systems.

you won't be holding anyone up as there will be groups, and experience on motorcycles is quite useful.

Then please include me on the list. If you require my full name let me know and I'll PM my details to you. I have done a 4WD/heavy vehicle defensive driving course which included things like locking up brakes in a loaded 4WD, so it will be interesting to see the different vehicle dynamics in the 32.

What should I do to the car to prepare? It has an RB25DET Neo, Brembo 33 GTR brakes with EBC Greenstuff, poly bushes all round but stock suspension and stock cooling system. Will this be sufficient?

**Edit, I just noted someone else asked about cooling and the answer was that standard cooling would be enough, so please include me as a definite.

Edited by Sparkys

i would love to do this event......just cant commit till prob the beginning of June....

Krishy - as you did the Advanced course last year and were able to produce epic flames yesterday, you should plan to do the High Performance course that i will be putting on in November rather than do the Advanced course again.

Krishy - as you did the Advanced course last year and were able to produce epic flames yesterday, you should plan to do the High Performance course that i will be putting on in November rather than do the Advanced course again.

Wicked i will try and be down for that one.....so dont worry about this one

• 3 weeks later...
Any news on this one?

yep, just got the official enrolment form from the guys at John Bowe Driving today.

Luke and i will email/PM it out to those who have expressed interest in this thread.