SAU Community

Advanced Driving Course Trackday #2

V35-2005

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are there still places free for this?

yes, because i haven't distributed the enrolment form to anyone yet!

form will be sent out tonight with full payment required by May 31st for this course which will be conducted three weeks later (June 21).

The official enrolment form (pdf format) is available here:

Car_Club_Intro_Performance_course_Info_and_Questions_2010.pdf

Full payment to John Bowe Driving is due by May 31st for the trackday three weeks later (June 21)

Please reply on this thread when you have sent your form + payment in so that Luke (heslo) and I can track numbers.

*note: it is a requirement that participants have completed a defensive or advanced course prior to attending our High Performance course. This ‘Car Club Performance Drive Day’ meets & exceeds this experience requirement.

I haven't done a defensive or advanced course yet, does this mean I can't enter at all? Or is that just a note for the following High Performance course?

I haven't done a defensive or advanced course yet, does this mean I can't enter at all? Or is that just a note for the following High Performance course?

it is indeed just a note for the subsequent High Performance course. their requirement is that people complete a Defensive Driving or Advanced Course before doing the HP course (I'll be running one in November).

as you haven't done either of those courses yet, the June 21 course is the one for you!

im very interested still

then download the form attached above and let us know when you've sent it in so that Luke and i can add you to our list!

SAU has preference for the first week, then JB Driving will open it up to the other clubs (Porsche Club of SA, FPV, WRX etc) so you'd better get in soon or risk missing out as places WILL fill up quickly.

Im out for this one, will try and make a later one

this is the only Advanced course that we're doing this year and it's very likely that I won't offer it ever again after this, so sorry but there probably won't be a later one! :P

for what its worth i would also be interested if you could find the time to do another one

but i understand if you cant, maybe luke and myself should look @ running one for SAU|SA

for what its worth i would also be interested if you could find the time to do another one

but i understand if you cant, maybe luke and myself should look @ running one for SAU|SA

lol no point in running this Steve...you guys will get more people coming like the last track day.....do another one asap please....it was f**king rad

I don't mind doing them, it's just that the amount of interest decreases as the 'pool' of novice drivers is depleted (because they go onto the High Performance courses and open trackdays) so it takes a lot more effort to get new people in together for subsequent courses.

And after a while it starts to feel like i'm flogging a dead horse with the diminishing responses / interest.

What you guys can do to help me is to sustain the interest by directing those people who would benefit from such a course to attend them when they're on as the opportunities for driver education are limited.

thanks for your concern! cheers

<snip>

this is the only Advanced course that we're doing this year and it's very likely that I won't offer it ever again after this, so sorry but there probably won't be a later one! :P

No!!! God I hate my car right now :P

No!!! God I hate my car right now :)

you dont have to take a skyline out there Dion......it could be any car mate.....just as long as it has decent pads for you to get the basics down.....they teach you more about cornering, understeer, oversteer, how to figure out a racing line, positioning of the car, making the apex etc etc

you dont have to take a skyline out there Dion......it could be any car mate.....just as long as it has decent pads for you to get the basics down.....they teach you more about cornering, understeer, oversteer, how to figure out a racing line, positioning of the car, making the apex etc etc

Yeah I know, I would just rather use a 'line - as my only other options arent really options.

Im trying like a bat out of hell to get (borrow) items needed to get mine going - fingers crossed!

Kim, I forwarded the form onto Glenn's brother and one of his mates

great. thanks!

the list of interested people and confirmed participants so far:

* GoAhead (form sent)

* niksta (form sent)

* Normsta

* RBJETT

* SXY 33

* dark.sky

* Cheddar

* ozyk

* JSTA33

* Sparkys (form sent)

* Ripp3r

Luke - could you please group PM a copy of the enrolment form / attachment to the people on the list above who haven't sent their form in? cheers.