SAU Community

What Rotors To Buy!

Hey all, Wanting to get some opinions on some good rotors to upgrade on my R. Looking at the DBA 4000/ 5000 series. Not too sure what else is out there and where to look.

Cheers

i have just cracked a dba 4000 at the track and looked into new rotors.

RDA for the road and light track work (have a look in the group buy section, i had no problems with these)

DBA 4000 for the same purpose of as above, but cost more....will crack under prolonged heat (from experience)

DBA 5000 are two piece, better cooling, lighter, cheap end of the 2 piece rotors, double the price of the 4000 and well over 3 times the price of RDA

Project Mu 2 piece, almost double the price of 5000, more of a track rotor

brembo, harrop etc, didnt even look into

i bought the dba 5000, two track days later, they seem fine.

i have just cracked a dba 4000 at the track and looked into new rotors.

RDA for the road and light track work (have a look in the group buy section, i had no problems with these)

DBA 4000 for the same purpose of as above, but cost more....will crack under prolonged heat (from experience)

DBA 5000 are two piece, better cooling, lighter, cheap end of the 2 piece rotors, double the price of the 4000 and well over 3 times the price of RDA

Project Mu 2 piece, almost double the price of 5000, more of a track rotor

brembo, harrop etc, didnt even look into

i bought the dba 5000, two track days later, they seem fine.

Cracking after track work in a very common problem for the 4000's. I know of too many who have cracked them after a track day and would not recommend them for track work.

You'll be surprised by the price of the Brembo Sport rotors. They were only $50 or so more than the 4000's.

I've used the Brembo Sport and RDA's for road and track work; both are good.

Hey all, Wanting to get some opinions on some good rotors to upgrade on my R. Looking at the DBA 4000/ 5000 series. Not too sure what else is out there and where to look.

Cheers

Import yourself some 2 piece project mu rotors - they are much better than the DBA 5000's (IMHO). They are lighter than the 1 piece rotors too.

I am fairly sure you cannot get 2 piece rear rotors for the smaller size on the GT-R's.