SAU Community

R33 Gtr Fuel Tank Removal

theforce

Hi guys, I've got a R33 GTR V-Spec. I'm in the process of changing my stock fuel pump but upon opening the tank I noticed some dirty fuel. Mind you, I only use V-Power. So I don't to risk clogging up my new fuel pump because of dirty tank. So I've decided to change the tank for good. I know its not an easy job so I'm thinking of getting a local mechanic to do it for me.

What I want to know is what other R33 model styline fuel tanks will be suitable for a R33 GTR. I know for a fact that the fuel send is different for a GTS-T compared to a GTR and they both have different part numbers (I'm assuming they want to sell the GTR one for more???)

Need to get this sorted quickly to get car moving again :P

Has anyone done this before? any place recommend to get this done at in melbourne se? rough cost of changing tanks?

Cheers

why not just clean your tank? seems pointless to change it cause its dirty.

also remember your fuel runs through a filter sock on the fuel pump then another actual fuel filter.

maybe replace your old filters and flush/siphon out the old petty

Hey, so far I've changed 2 fuel pumps coz they got blocked. I've changed the strainer and fuel filters as well, but they just get blocked again. If you think cleaning the tank may make my job easier, how do I go about doing that? or should I get a radiator place to do it? From memory they charge a few hundred dollars as some have to physically remove the tank to clean it! I wouldn't mind siphoning the old fuel and putting some "fuel tank cleaner" in there and mixing it or letting it say until tank is ready for emptying.

Like I said, I haven't attempted this before and if someone has, could they please guide me how they went about doing it?

:)