SAU Community

How U Drive In The Rain

08yannch

LoL, your car too power? have your car slide in the wet are actually because of the LSD, take it off hahaha

yer dont rev is the best in the wet.

Edited by Kevs

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so u can honestly say that u have never stopped at lights were there is oil and lost traction. or driven a auto that has hard shifted from 1st to 2nd around a corner.

i know i dont drive like a spastic having never smashed in the rain and only smashed once on dry but i was not at fault. i drive with my lights on and leave extra space i just guess i take of a little 2 fast 4 my car. but thats the thing i can take of 2x faster in other cars so why do skylines seem to not like the wet (going by what other ppl are posting its not just me)

most cars slip if you take off a little too quickly in the wet. Just gotta take it a bit slower

I drive carefully and leave bigger gaps etc.

The auto VN-VS commo drivers around here are a another matter though

love watching p plater commo drivers going way to fast into roundabouts in the wet, i get an instant smile knowing there gonna slide then crap there pants. usually ending up in them completely 180'ing lol.

seen one do a 180 then straight up a curve epic faillll. for real tho just take it easy. i have unexpectedly swung my tail out few times, wasnt used to the 26 all tuned up.

easy on the throttle and easy on the brake nice and relaxed :D

Edited by Flash89

LoL, your car too power? have your car slide in the wet are actually because of the LSD, take it off hahaha

yer dont rev is the best in the wet.

really the LSD is bad i can understand if ur going around a corner on the gas but i thought ppl would get better traction in a strait line or if ur off the gas it shouldn't do anything (unless 2 way or shimmed to the point its just a lock diff)

really the LSD is bad i can understand if ur going around a corner on the gas but i thought ppl would get better traction in a strait line or if ur off the gas it shouldn't do anything (unless 2 way or shimmed to the point its just a lock diff)

Yep, unless 2 way but do bare in mind most of skyliner, they intend to uninstall the Hicas to get some fun of drifting. So, I guess in the wet days it just stuff lol. Correct me if I am wrong

Man..... to the OP, put some quality tyres on.

Skylines and silvia's are only slippery in the wet cause most tightarse owners put china tyres on...

+1

i only ever had a small issue with the cheap compliance tyres... since putting good tread on i do not have an issue hitting 10-12psi and close to red line in 2nd if i want to in my 34, depending on how wet it is...

as for take off never an issue unless i want it to slide.

Can I also ask (as I really haven't been keeping up with the forum for a few months), will SAUWA be organising a day on the skidpan sometime soon - for just this sort of thing. I'd be interested. - - Picking up the new 'line today! WOOT!!

New 'Line yeah !!!!!11ty well?

Skidpan...fail dude. 3 weeks ago lol. Check the members area. Next time there's one on I'll pm you

well 4 me i use the snow button (auto skyline) if it has just rained and i have stopped at lights or any were and am turning i will keep it in 2nd till i have stopped turning. leaving longer braking distances, take of slower and take corners slower. i also avoid all lines and arrows on the road and when i stop at lights i keep my tires of the middle of the lain as thats were all the oil is.

i will still loose traction sometimes, especially at take of and i have to avoid stops on hills especially when i have to turn left or right. maybe its time to invest in some all yr round tires instead of my maxxis witch seem to never loose tread witch leads me to believe they not to good 4 gripping the road

Snow button, where the heck is it? (r34 auto)

Also do you think traction control kicks in to save you when being foolish?

Yeah tyres make a huge difference. When I bought the car it had some crappy linglongs that had zero grip in the wet. Had to drive sooo much slower than other traffic as the slightest touch of gas (even on flat roads) would spin the wheels. Got some decent tyres soon after and the difference is night and day. If you have good tyres and still can't drive in the wet without the backend stepping out you shouldn't be driving. Especially if you're one of those losers who tailgate when it's raining or take corners at the same speed as if the road was dry... I don't want to see you in my rear view mirror.

Always have Good Rubber 4 Protection so u r Always Prepared ;-)

Also slow down and take ur Time there's no need 2 Rush things otherwise u'll blow it... :laugh:

Oh wait we r talkin about driving in the Wet not Girls hehe..

Edited by Black_CSR