SAU Community

New Rays Dura Nuts

Hey guys I just bought a set of RAYS Dura Nuts off eBay as I noticed they now come in a 'Gun Metallic' colour (in addition to the red, blue and black available previously), short type, and thread pitch to suit Skylines. I think the colour's been out for almost a year now but I hadn't seen any around, so I snapped them up quickly. There are still more sets available I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RAYS-VOLK-Wheel-Nut...=item2c52f5d09f

P1000944.jpg

Sorry for the late replies...

beautiful RE30's. post more pics please. how much did you end up getting the nuts for?

Thanks Basti. Here are a few more pics. Got the nuts off ebay for $210 + shipping; I think most import retailers will be selling them for around $240. Which works out to about $12 per nut... not cheap :)

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

Lol they are on my stock 32 gt-r rims ;) .

That would still look awesome!

How many mm "wide" is the nut?

nut.jpg

since my rims has kind of small holes

and those nuts looks great ;)

Thanks Erick. The RE30s also have fairly small apertures for the nuts (as you can probably see above). I need to carry around a socket + wrench that will fit the nuts as a regular wheel wrench / brace will not fit. This socket is a 3/4" imperial size. The nut dimension should actually be 19mm I believe, but because there is excess slack, it can cause markings on the nuts (not supposed to impact the strength of the nut but it looks a bit ugly). Hence a 3/4" is 19.05mm and is a slightly more snug fit.

I carry a torque wrench around in the car as well, as the nuts should be torqued to between 88 and 118Nm (shown on the back of the packet).

Matt