SAU Community

Skyline R33 Gt-t Burns Extreme Amounts Of Oil

Hi. It seems the car is not ok after all... Two days ago when I took the car on track and drifted with it, the extreme oil consumption started again. A lot of oil is blowing out of the blow off valve, and oil coming in the intercooler/air intake pipes. Also there is some smoke from the exhaust (white/blue) when changing gear and when letting of the throttle pedal, not visible in the rear mirror, only when watching outside behind the car...

I took a compression test while the engine was cold, and all cylinders had good compression (150psi), except for cylinder #2, that was only 60psi.

So my question is, could the low compression on cylinder #2 cause all this oil blowing out of the engine? Or is it the turbo I recently fitted faulty ? :happy:

I hope I can hear yours opinions, thanks in advance.

Edited by Iceman22

• 2 weeks later...

It turned out it was worse than cracked rings, four of the pistons had cracks around them :P

Next time I will be more carefull when buying a used car that was used for drifting :)

Lucky for me that my dad is mechanic, so he can rebuild the engine without costs except for new parts..

post-72654-1274621284_thumb.jpg

post-72654-1274621297_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iceman22