SAU Community

R30 Stolen Today

blind_elk

Appreciate the offer John, but I have something else on.

The problem is where the PoS(s) might have taken it. If they are only after a cheap ride home, then the car isn't going to be out in the boondocks, but is somewhere in front of someone's house. And there are A LOT of homes in the Werribee area.

So I think I'll just leave it to chance for the moment.

Fortunately, I'm less likely to have to park at the station after the new bus timetable starts on Monday. Now buses pick up / set down just around the corner from home, albeit at 40 minute intervals.

When my brother's car was stolen from Holmesglen station a few years ago, it was found five weeks later in Southland car park. It had been parked there for many weeks. It might be worth an early morning drive through the local shopping centres. It's easy to leave a car there without being noticed.

Now... about that steering wheel lock (Club Lock type). Did you have one fitted? Asking because I often park at railway stations. Hope you have better experiences with busses than I did.

Here's hoping the car turns up soon.

JH

(Oh, they found an envelope in my brother's car, got his address, figured no one was home and robbed his house!)

Edited by jrh001

When my brother's car was stolen from Holmesglen station a few years ago, it was found five weeks later in Southland car park. It had been parked there for many weeks. It might be worth an early morning drive through the local shopping centres. It's easy to leave a car there without being noticed.

Now... about that steering wheel lock (Club Lock type). Did you have one fitted? Asking because I often park at railway stations. Hope you have better experiences with busses than I did.

Here's hoping the car turns up soon.

JH

(Oh, they found an envelope in my brother's car, got his address, figured no one was home and robbed his house!)

this is a fair point, my sisters old corolla was found at chadstone shopping centre, apprently was there for 2 weeks.... couldn't think of a less sus place to drive a car too, get out and leave

would be a very worthwhile adventure either late at night or early in the morning visiting all the multilevel / large carparks within a 10km radius too see if its there..., the thief wont still be driving the car around... too risky now its surely been reported stolen... so it will be dumped somewhere!

Now... about that steering wheel lock (Club Lock type). Did you have one fitted?
No. But I do have a Jaycar screecher alarm, but never got it to work. It will after I get the car back!
That's my worry - there might be rego papers in the car giving my address. I was concerned that the 32 might not have been there when I got home, although it has a proper alarm w/immobiliser.

thats f**ked up what people will do..

what happened to working?

That said, how far are you able to go, when it comes to messing up the culprit before you're liable in the eyes of the law?

Edited by xALmoN

No news so far (not that I'm expecting any soon).

I've emailed a couple of other groups I'm in. I was on the bus yesterday, so kept an eye out up sidestreets, but didn't spot it.

I'm not holding my breath in the hope of seeing it soon, or even again.

We see two or three dumped around Leakes and Derrimut road every week.

I think someone just nicks a car from either Hoppers or Werribee station on an almost daily basis to get them out to their estate. I would never park anything near those stations from what I have seen!

is that like disneyland?

lol

I saw 4 nuns in '66 screaming/shrieking as they're roller-coastering down thru the matterhorn (ie Adventureland).

They obviously brought church to Disneyland. :)

Any updates on this?

JH

Nothing new. Cancelled the e-Tag, just in case the car was heading east (it hasn't so far).

Don't expect police to be breaking a sweat over it either. After all, there are "hoons" out there to be harrassed.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn man, sorry to hear it..

I know your pain, my last car was stolen from the front of my house. Best of luck finding it, although my one was found 2 weeks later crashed into a tree with all my stereo stripped...luckily insurance had already paid me out..