SAU Community

The R36 Gtr Is It Real?

caraddict

Hi guys i was searching around this site and several topics showed rumours about a new R36 GTR production has anyone got any info on this particular topic being an R35 owner myself im eager to find out more.

Edited by caraddict

course it real .do you think they will keep updating the r35 for the next 15 years?

lachlanw im starting to think your right because people would get bored with the r35 eventually they already brought out the spec v the s-tune is in production so an r36 would be a crowd pleaser but it would probably look the same as the r35 just with some minor modifacations but what would the engine be because the 3.8 twin turbo v6 has already been used in the r35 how about something around the 4.0 litre range or a nissan v8 perhaps?

its obvious nissan is already working on the next model GTR, But production stage is pretty far off still.

There aiming for 2013 assuming the project doesn't get axed before hand. the first r35's were made at the end of 2007, so I can assume that a 5 year life span sounds about right for the GTR, other model gtr's have had a similar lifespan.

ditto i assume at some point there will be an r36, and a VF commodore, but absolutely nothing is known about what it could, should or would be. have not seen anything of substance anyway.

i thought nissan stopped producing skylines and started focusing on the z series...have you noticed how the r35 looks so much like the 350/370z?

your about 3 years late on that discussion lol

in all honesty, the chassis of the r35 gtr and the 370z look identical...kinda how the dc5 kept the dc2 chassis...i wouldnt be suprised if it were true though since the r35 gtr costs about $150,000.....how much is the r36 gonna cost....500k???i think nissan should just get back to making affordable skylines...

Edited by IM-32-FK

i wouldnt be suprised if it were true though since the r35 gtr costs about $150,000.....how much is the r36 gonna cost....500k???i think nissan should just get back to making affordable skylines...

lol.

do you really think the r32 gtr was ~20k in 1989 when it first came out?

and likewise, do you really think the r32 gtst was ~10k in 1989 when it first came out?

ffs.

in all honesty, the chassis of the r35 gtr and the 370z look identical...kinda how the dc5 kept the dc2 chassis...i wouldnt be suprised if it were true though since the r35 gtr costs about $150,000.....how much is the r36 gonna cost....500k???i think nissan should just get back to making affordable skylines...

Affordable?

The R32 GTR was $110,000 ($AUD) brand new back in 1991, which taking inflation into account makes it about ~$175,000 today.

I think he was refering to the run of the mill Skylines - GT, GTt, 250GT, 300GT, 350GT etc.

I thought the V36 Skyline is still in production..... :s

Too hard to find and copy from my phone.... But I would like to register my face palm now at at least 50% of the responses here. R36, well either they will stop producing GTRs, or they will release an R36, because that is the way it works. R36 being crazy money, why? Based on that the R32 would have been about $10 brand new.. Cannot think of a single car that has increased in price by more that a couple of thousand with release of a new model. Affordable skylines... GTR isn't a Skyline, and for many people is affordable (wish I was one of them). Likewise if you look at pricing of V35/36 skylines, they are pretty good value. As for the 2 chassis looking the same, what chassis? How much time have you spent under each car comparing to say they look identical? The GTR has Alloy strut towers etc do the Zs have this? Going to have my Coffee, sorry for the rant,

i thought nissan stopped producing skylines and started focusing on the z series...have you noticed how the r35 looks so much like the 350/370z?

yes you may be right about that one as ive noticed my gtr's front lights resemble the 350z's front lights but you cant really tell what nissans doing anymore they said the s15 silvia(240sx/200sx) was going to be a facelift of the s14 but when there sitting next to each other its a big difference.

yes but the s14 and s15 still share the same basic suspension setup, sr20 and are a 2 door coupe.. so all they did was change the "face" of it and make it look slightly different.. the overall basic shape is the same as it ever was.. same with the skylines (boxy) and the z's (swoopy), very few companies will ever redesign the basic layout of a car.. holdens have basically remained the same underneath from VB to VY with very few changes.

dont get me started on the whole "r35 gtr not a gtr coz its not a skyline thing.."

of these family lines.. the only one still going is the Z series.. so the r35 and r36?? will follow this layout.. i also believe this is due to the fact the skyline family was built from a need to be in homoglation racing. now though without any racing to enter in.. there is no need to carry on the family.. the Z shape was never a "race" car.. it was a sports car, aimed at mid life crisis people and sunday drives,

240z-260z-280z-z31-z32-350z-370z

s12-s14-s13-s14-s15... end

kpgc110-kpgc210-dr30-r31-r32-r33-r34... end

terrible thread is terrible

if anyone wants me i'll be outside in my car listening to DMX

why??

because...

X GO'N GIVE TO YA

*ugh*

HE GO'N GIVE IT TO YA

X GO'N DELIVER TO YA

WHAT