SAU Community

The R36 Gtr Is It Real?

caraddict

in all honesty, the chassis of the r35 gtr and the 370z look identical...kinda how the dc5 kept the dc2 chassis...i wouldnt be suprised if it were true though since the r35 gtr costs about $150,000.....how much is the r36 gonna cost....500k???i think nissan should just get back to making affordable skylines...

they are identical, and nissan has no problems saying in public that the same machines and the same production line makes the chassis of the 370, 350z as well as the 250gt, 350gt and the R35 and the V series and even that ugly 4wd thing they have, is it spelt Munro or something? That even shares the same engine as a 350Z except its weaker for some reason when its in a heavier car???

Just like the same production line was used for the r33 (all models), R34 (all models) stagea, s14, s15's. Its cost effective.

And an R36 wont be much more than the r35 unless they go overboard trying to compete against the NEw Enzo that is meant to be finished by 2012, new Koensigg, new maserati gt's, Lexus LFA, a possible new Veyron perhaps????

yes but the s14 and s15 still share the same basic suspension setup, sr20 and are a 2 door coupe.. so all they did was change the "face" of it and make it look slightly different.. the overall basic shape is the same as it ever was.. same with the skylines (boxy) and the z's (swoopy), very few companies will ever redesign the basic layout of a car.. holdens have basically remained the same underneath from VB to VY with very few changes.

dont get me started on the whole "r35 gtr not a gtr coz its not a skyline thing.."

of these family lines.. the only one still going is the Z series.. so the r35 and r36?? will follow this layout.. i also believe this is due to the fact the skyline family was built from a need to be in homoglation racing. now though without any racing to enter in.. there is no need to carry on the family.. the Z shape was never a "race" car.. it was a sports car, aimed at mid life crisis people and sunday drives,

240z-260z-280z-z31-z32-350z-370z

s12-s14-s13-s14-s15... end

kpgc110-kpgc210-dr30-r31-r32-r33-r34... end

in the skyline line you missed out the v35 and v36.

as for the r36, i agree the comment lachlanw said about did you think they would just keep updating the r35 for 15 years. most models these days have a lifespan of about 4 or 5 years (with a few exceptions) and the replacment model starts getting developed about halfway through the life of the model it replaces.

how much they change between the r35 and r36 is anyones guess. it could be like the 350z to 370z where to look at there isn't a huge amount of changes done. or the v35 to v36 nissan didn't really make any wholesale changes, they just tweaked it a bit and generally speaking the changes weren't much more than what nissan did between the s1 and s2 r33 skylines. before people start pointing out all the difference that there were between the 2, i already no, i am just making a general statement pointing out that the diferences were less than between the r32, 33 and 34.

they are identical, and nissan has no problems saying in public that the same machines and the same production line makes the chassis of the 370, 350z as well as the 250gt, 350gt and the R35 and the V series and even that ugly 4wd thing they have, is it spelt Munro or something? That even shares the same engine as a 350Z except its weaker for some reason when its in a heavier car???

Just like the same production line was used for the r33 (all models), R34 (all models) stagea, s14, s15's. Its cost effective.

And an R36 wont be much more than the r35 unless they go overboard trying to compete against the NEw Enzo that is meant to be finished by 2012, new Koensigg, new maserati gt's, Lexus LFA, a possible new Veyron perhaps????

multi vehicle platforms are the in thing. nissan aren't the only people doing it. GM are doing it as well.

multi vehicle platforms are the in thing. nissan aren't the only people doing it. GM are doing it as well.

do you blame them though? I'd be doing the same thing if I was trying to keep costs down. FYI I wasn't meaning it to be interpreted in a negative way, just that I thought people were trying to say that there is no difference between an R35 compared to a 350/370z when clearly that doesn't mean the R35 is a cheaper car for it, but it does give the 370z more credit that it shares some components with a budget supercar.

The assembly line has very little to do with the car's design or engineering. A vehicle goes from car parts to completed vehicle on that assembly line in a handful of minutes. The decision to build the car at Tochigi was logical really as Tochigi plant builds all of Nissan's build-to-order vehicles such as the high end Infinitis for the US market.

Pre-assembly there are so many other processes and design aspects that make the R35 worlds apart from other Nissan offerings. From the unique, hand assembled VR38 to the PM rear transaxle layout it is a unique car. Will some do dads from other cars be identical yes, for example the paddle shifters in the FX50 come from the GT-R but it's no 370z with a different badge.

As for the R36, Mizuno has stated publicly that the R36 is not even in design phase yet, his goal was to was to give the R35 three years in the market before they even began the decision making process on the next step. He has re-stated that the Porsche 911 is still the benchmark for performance and that is what it will be aimed at if it comes to fruition.

There are some speculation that the technology in the Infiniti Essence concept will be cherry picked for the R36 but no confirmation that.

Wont be much difference take R32-R33-R34 The engine is the same except Exterior changes, interior changes , electrical changes, gearbox changes. But still all run on the RB26DETT

in all honesty, the chassis of the r35 gtr and the 370z look identical...kinda how the dc5 kept the dc2 chassis...i wouldnt be suprised if it were true though since the r35 gtr costs about $150,000.....how much is the r36 gonna cost....500k???i think nissan should just get back to making affordable skylines...

In reading your post I can't help but find myself questioning your level of familiarity with the said 35. Although I don't own one, I do get a lift to work most mornings in one. I've also driven in a new 370 loan vehicle, they have very little maybe nothing in common. In fact, it requires a very significant chassis to remain rigid when enduring high G forces in the GTR.

As for Nissan getting back to making affordable Skylines, this is the most affordable GTR ever, do the maths.

post-64986-1272211302_thumb.jpg

lets hope for GTS-T models :thumbsup:

ever since the R32GTR, production numbers have been dropping. i doubt the R35 production numbers will even exceed the R34 GTR.

R32 GTR: 43,930

R33 GTR: 16,870

R34 GTR: 11,312

have they even sold 5,000 R35s? i couldn't find the numbers.

so unlike the other skyline models, the R35 GTR depreciation will be considerably less over the years because of the limited numbers. i wont expect to see them going up on carsales for $30k in 2025.

Edited by Peter89

lets hope for GTS-T models :)

ever since the R32GTR, production numbers have been dropping. i doubt the R35 production numbers will even exceed the R34 GTR.

R32 GTR: 43,930

R33 GTR: 16,870

R34 GTR: 11,312

have they even sold 5,000 R35s? i couldn't find the numbers.

so unlike the other skyline models, the R35 GTR depreciation will be considerably less over the years because of the limited numbers. i wont expect to see them going up on carsales for $30k in 2025.

in america from 2008 to march 2010 nissan has sold 3,489 cars. the UK has been getting 1100 units a year (although that has been reduced) and pretty much all of them are pre-sold. i could only assume that sales in japan would be much higher than those 2 combined. the manufacturing plant is capable of turning out 1000 cars per month, and considering the amount of countries getting the GTR this time round i wouldn't be suprised if they are actually running at close to that, especially if you consider the amount of pre-orders they had. in wouldn't be suprised if world wide the gtr sales were close to (or more than) those of the r34 already.

but while i don't think the GTR will be 30,000 in 2025, it may well be getting close to whatever the equivilant amount is once you take into account inflation, especially if in years to come people start importing them privately from japan in order to get cheaper ones, or different spec'd ones.

If they make an R36 I sincerely hope they fix one of the main problems with the R35 - the weight. A wise man once said: "Power makes you fast in a straight line, light weight makes you fast everywhere else".

I'd like to see at least 200 kg trimmed from the R35. If that means losing a few gadgets so be it, the R35 seems like quite a complex car.

If they make an R36 I sincerely hope they fix one of the main problems with the R35 - the weight. A wise man once said: "Power makes you fast in a straight line, light weight makes you fast everywhere else".

I'd like to see at least 200 kg trimmed from the R35. If that means losing a few gadgets so be it, the R35 seems like quite a complex car.

well depends if they keep the same size. if the car is the similar size the only way to reduce weight that much would be changing materials, which could really push the price up.

i'd rather nissan reduced the size of the car but i have doubts that ll happen.

well depends if they keep the same size. if the car is the similar size the only way to reduce weight that much would be changing materials, which could really push the price up.

i'd rather nissan reduced the size of the car but i have doubts that ll happen.

There's a lot of heavy stuff under the skin that could be lightened or eliminated. Mind you, have you seen the FIA GT series? I was shocked at how big the R35 looks compared to the Ferraris and Corvettes.

Have you been in or driven a 35? I think I know the answer to that! Weight is no problem, this car handles amazingly.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you been in or driven a 35? I think I know the answer to that! Weight is no problem, this car handles amazingly.

it can always be faster (not imply it isn't insanely quick atm)

just remember, it ll have to compete with the next series of 911s thus it ll have to be faster.

it can always be faster (not imply it isn't insanely quick atm)

just remember, it ll have to compete with the next series of 911s thus it ll have to be faster.

Pretty much my point. Gadgets can be helpful but I'm not sure shaving a few hundredths off the shift time is worth the weight of the R35s fancy transmission