SAU Community

Project Trd

after cleaning all the gunk off the car from temora i entered into a local car show "jdm'fest".

IMG1448-X2.jpg

Dustin also managed to get his car out for the event too.

PB190581.jpg

It took 8 attempts to get the car onto the rollers. they had to widen the ramps so much that the following cars tyres didnt fit onto the ramp haha

PB190592.jpg

ended up being a good day for trophies. Dustin ended up with peoples choice award which was awesome!

I finished the day with best interior, best paint, best engine bay, most powerful rwd, most powerful 6 cyl and the king of jdm'fest trophy.

IMAG0369.jpg

from here i now need to install my B03B diff with solid mounts and single piece tailshaft. from there it will be winding the wick up further for another trip to WSID for a hopeful low 11 second pass. also getting a boot install and a couple other new items ready for the new year!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

thanks for the comments guys. Now it looks like ill be putting it up for sale as i need to free up funds for an apartment purchase towards the end of the year.

if you know anyone after possibly one of Australias top supras please let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Its been awhile since ive put anything up on here so since i have some time off i thought I'd update it.

Over the Easter I attended the Toyota Nationals in Dubbo. All in all it was great fun and well worth it. That said with work and uni comitments, the prep weeks prior to the event were extremely stressful. Big thanks to Dustin for spending more hours under the car helping get things ready!

Due to entering the motorkhana and drags i wanted to install a few new parts. so the list prior to the event looked a little like this:

Install HKS oil cooler and filer relocation

Install power steering cooler

Install TRD thermostat

install spal 13" push fan to replace the removed a/c condenser fan

Install line locker

complete oil change

radiator flush and all new coolant + water wetter

bleed brakes and clutch

Test fit motorkhana wheels (set of 18s that the mrs father has sitting around the shed)

refit front bar including fixing broken brackets from hitting gutters once or twice ;)

general clean including new floor mats (finally)

get spare wheels and jack to a mate taking a trailer to dubbo

and of course pack the car with spare fluids, fuel, tools cleaning crap, tent, clothes and helmet

Due to work i ended up with 4 days to complete everything, not 2 weeks as originally planned. After the normal hick-ups everything was in and ready to go by 11.30pm the night before i was due to meet everyone at 6am for the drive up. Fortunately taking our time paid off and there were no issues, leaks etc.

Arrive in dubbo friday ready to settle in, wash and polsih the car ready for the show'n'shine on saturday morning...plus a few beers to finish the day and talk shit half the night with everyone.

Arrived at the show'n 'shine, pop the bonnet and walk over to the guys in front to sit down. suddenly steam is pissing out of the engine bay and i start to freak out. realise the blocked water nipple rubber piece has died and a hair line crack is spraying water onto the exhaust manifold. Freaking out i start gathering a list of parts to replace and scam a ride to the local autobarn. $40.00 later and a bit of roadside bush mechanics all was fixed for a $3.00 part.

Leave show'n'shine and heap off to change wheels over ready for the motorkhana. Motorkhana was great fun. Hit positive pressure once and managed to finish one out 6 courses. That said doing donuts were just as fun ;)

Saturday night...big night!!

Sunday drags. Started with shit wheels and tyres to test the line locker out. the lack of traction and driving ability meant the 345s were on after a couple runs. turns out 345s make more smoke (very expensive smoke!!!) still didnt help my soft driving but nevertheless great fun day.

Sunday night was the awards dinner and a quite night before the drive home Monday.

In the end i ended up winning four awards. Best Coupe, Best Engine Bay, Best Exterior and Best Modified.

After that the car didnt move for a couple weeks. I then cleaned it up and installed a long awaited false floor into the boot of the car. formally it was a mixture of original red paint, dynamat and some other crap thats been in there over the past 12 months.

Cleaned the car again and entered a local MeaACT event (sound off/ showy type event) where i managed to score judges choice and a few pointers to make the stereo sound better (simple things like rcas the right way around etc ;) haha)

Now i need to save (while in process of buying an apartment) for more boost! also need to install a Defi gauge thing that i ran out of time prior to dubbo to install (big thanks to Mr Gameon for getting it across the lake in almost record time)

Here a some pics...

P4075636.jpg

P4075631.jpg

P4065618.jpg

IMAG0566.jpg

IMAG0568.jpg

IMAG0569.jpg

more to come. also pictures of the event are up on ashtone photography's website including a few smoke screens from the drags ;)

here are some more pics....

oil cooler kit

IMAG0483.jpg

Install

IMAG0491.jpg

IMAG0494.jpg

davis criag p/s cooler mounted

IMAG04921.jpg

IMAG04931.jpg

cooling results

IMAG0499.jpg

345 desk storage

IMAG0505.jpg

the broken rubber stop

IMAG0502.jpg

Recently I’ve attended a couple car shows in Sydney. One was The-Lowdown’s “showcased at fox studios. The second was Sydney’s MotorEx.

The Showcased was great event. I drove up and back on the same day so it certainly was a long day! Left at 6am and returned home around 10pm. This show was held at Fox Studioes in Sydney on roof top of a huge multi storey carpark. It was set out like many of the Californian shows we have seen over the internet with high tech JDM cars, USDM full track cars as well as cars with crazy wheel offsets.

It was an awesome atmosphere full of friendly faces! There were some absolute standout cars like wide body 400kw s15s, R34 GTRS, RX7s and a ton of evos. Gorilla and I held the supra flag as high as we could.

There was also JDMST’s EOMM that took 2 levels below of more awesome cars. It was good to see a few supras and an 86 (as well as a few other Toyotas) mixing it up with masses of Nissans, Subaru’s and Mitsubishi’s down there.

I was completely shocked to hear my car announced to win “Best in Show” for the event especially considering the calibre of cars on display.

A couple pics:

278122_255254204589503_1226881351_o.jpg

dsc_6494.jpg?w=1400&h=

dsc_6574.jpg?w=1400&h=

11687993.jpg

552290_4276803325276_1831501682_n.jpg

img6399a.jpg

384266_130624617077099_992687234_n.jpg

7477129664_8d396fb27e_c.jpg

7477124216_8abc9ec1e3_c.jpg

7477345190_075e8d01f2_c.jpg

7477376722_d2aa69d070_c.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

more here:

THE-LOWDOWN.com: SHOWCASED + JDMST June EOMM! Sponsored by Xtreme Motorsports

The next show was MotorEx at Homebush bay. This show is affectively the most highly modified cars you will see in the country however 95% are old v8s and hot rods. Some of these cars and bikes have had close to $1M spent on them but to me it’s a waste as they don’t do anything other than roll on and off a enclosed trailer. Some even go the extent of wrapping brand new tyres in glad wrap so not even dust will get on the tread :S. That said the level of detail on these cars is nothing short of extraordinary! Some are true masterpieces.

The “tuner” and “street” section is something to be desired as a 2000hp SC big block with number plates is still able to enter street classes :S. the tuner cars are also, unfortunately, tainted by 2SUS and Queen St style sex spec cars. Pretty much to get anywhere it needs to be all bling with house of colour paint. Nevertheless there was still an awesome crowd and huge amount of cars to check out!

I was asked to entre with the Sydney Allstars and Zen Garage stand. We had my car, a M3, Lamborghini Murcielago, Honda Integra type R race car, race spec s14 200sx, wide body s15 and the best of all, a classic Hakosuka GTR!

Here a couple pics:

img_4839.jpg

9.jpg

22.jpg

7620056176_b18011835d_b.jpg

545279_405306156200821_151756578_n.jpg

img7820b.jpg

img_4077.jpg

img_4385.jpg

img_4906.jpg

The only car with wider tyres than my car…405s!!!!!!!

img_4973-b.jpg

more here:

Motorex x ALL STARS 2012

Meguiar's MotorEx - The Greatest Rides on Show! - Gallery

While at MotorEx I was approached by Turbosmart to have the car on their display at World Time Attack in a few weeks. Unfortunately I’ve had to withdraw as I’m off to Fiji first thing the following morning !

Next thing lined up for it will be the Shannons Snowy Mountains 1000 being held at Cooma airport. Putting another 10psi of boost in it for that so hopefully I crack the 250km/h mark and even get into the 20 second mark!

• 5 weeks later...

great build thread!

i live in dubbo and remember checking this out when the toyota nationals were here.

must say i have a lot more respect for it after going through this build thread haha. i definitely didnt notice how wide the back tyres were though!!