SAU Community

Twin Webbers And Stage 2 (i Think) Cam

350 for the cam may be ok, but i wouldn't touch the webbers. i highly doubt that just the cams and the webbers would get you 175hp just from those. 175hp at the flywheel maybe, but certainly not at the wheels without a heap of other work.

and you would hope for there to be 3 carbies and not just one if you were going to run them on a 6 cylinder.

they were. the carby version of an rb30 was only really found in the patrol, and i'm pretty sure they put out less power than the efi version.

and getting carbies to work on an efi engine would be a hell of a pain

hmm, yeah righto, thanks for those thoughts. guess ill have to go find out exactly what the bits are and do some research. and seeing as im quite sure its an EFI motor and without a aftermarket ECU this might not work. hmm time for more thought.

thanks for your help.

converting the rb30 efi to carby will be a bitch of a job, and if you find a local cam grinder you can probably get your cam reground to "stage 2" but then as mentioned the stage names is just what the cam grinder calls it.

there are many different master cams (master cams are like a mould or guide for when grinding cams) plus when using a reground or after market cam you need to measure the base circle (the round part of the lobe) to the cam shaft of the standard and reground work out the difference and that is roughly what needs to be machined off the lifter housing (doesnt need to be exact as the lifter will compensate for the extra few thou/mm)