SAU Community

List Of Importers...new To The Game...

www.importmonster.com.au

Yoshi the Monster is awesome :ermm:

^^^True, it's Aaron who's the wanker, avoid him at all costs hahaha

Sorry I forgot to add you to my list mate!

Oh and Direct Imported too!

wow just had a look at J-spec new website it up and running very nice ......... im jelous now ...... ironchef whats the go with urs ?

I'm just copy and pasting everything from J-Spec as we speak haha

That site is awesome, I can see why it took so long to build!

As for mine, I'm still hoping that Aaron's programmer will find the time to do mine, or if anyone is a gun programmer and can help me make something, give me a yell. Three failed attempts to upgrade it so far, damn flaky IT dudes haha

I'm just copy and pasting everything from J-Spec as we speak haha

That site is awesome, I can see why it took so long to build!

As for mine, I'm still hoping that Aaron's programmer will find the time to do mine, or if anyone is a gun programmer and can help me make something, give me a yell. Three failed attempts to upgrade it so far, damn flaky IT dudes haha

LOL, I just dropped a whole heap of work in his lap for our sites so he's gonna be busy for quite some time to come :ermm:

Looked at jspecs new site last night.

Started at about 10pm, didnt finish until about 4am.

It works so well, and it has to be the biggest tease available right now.

hey guise wanting new sites - what are you looking for, send me a PM and i'll email it to a business associate of mine...

peruse their website let me know if you're interested

www.spiderdevelopments.com.au

• 3 weeks later...

aaron are you guys using cyrus to code your site?

mad love to craig from j-spec for getting the new look site up and running. the idea was to take it from a site listing cars to a be all to end all mecca of information for anyone wanting to import a car or even remotely interested in non AUDM cars. add to that the complexity that it needs to cater to the European and Canoodlian customers too and it just started blowing out of proportion. In the end a few of the features that were deemed "omg uleh, that's so sick" had to be trimmed out to expediate release, but keep checking back, as time goes on new features may pop up :thumbsup:

Also feel free to give craig any feedback on the website, he's worked long and hard and suffered many an aneurysm due to having to work directly with code and databases in my absence. It'd be great if he got feedback, esp that people are benefiting from the effort put into it.

PS: Cheffy, yeah I heard about that Aaron Balaclava dude... supposedly he still drives a rexie. Sif mention brokers that drive rexies :thumbsup: Cubelyfe 4 eva!

mad love to craig from j-spec for getting the new look site up and running. the idea was to take it from a site listing cars to a be all to end all mecca of information for anyone wanting to import a car or even remotely interested in non AUDM cars. add to that the complexity that it needs to cater to the European and Canoodlian customers too and it just started blowing out of proportion. In the end a few of the features that were deemed "omg uleh, that's so sick" had to be trimmed out to expediate release, but keep checking back, as time goes on new features may pop up :blink:

Also feel free to give craig any feedback on the website, he's worked long and hard and suffered many an aneurysm due to having to work directly with code and databases in my absence. It'd be great if he got feedback, esp that people are benefiting from the effort put into it.

PS: Cheffy, yeah I heard about that Aaron Balaclava dude... supposedly he still drives a rexie. Sif mention brokers that drive rexies :thumbsup: Cubelyfe 4 eva!

All our web and coding work is done in house by the other half of Monster, Daniel. btw no rexies nowadays, GT-Rs bouncing off the walls :thumbsup:

re the new J-Spec site - epic is the word. Extremely well done

mad love to craig from j-spec for getting the new look site up and running. the idea was to take it from a site listing cars to a be all to end all mecca of information for anyone wanting to import a car or even remotely interested in non AUDM cars. add to that the complexity that it needs to cater to the European and Canoodlian customers too and it just started blowing out of proportion. In the end a few of the features that were deemed "omg uleh, that's so sick" had to be trimmed out to expediate release, but keep checking back, as time goes on new features may pop up :thumbsup:

Real men drive Cubes haha

The J-Spec site is crazy good - for a numbnut like me, it would've cost like eleventy-billion dollars to pay someone to build something like that for me!

If anyone wants to help me out and knows their stuff (I don't even know what programs people need to be good at!), give me a yell. I've got some good ideas, but in relative terms, I wouldn't know the first thing about site design.

If anyone wants to help me out and knows their stuff (I don't even know what programs people need to be good at!), give me a yell. I've got some good ideas, but in relative terms, I wouldn't know the first thing about site design.

to keep costs down you want someone that can program PHP. You'll probably want to base your site on a Content Management System platform as it's easy to manage for a non technical person. I'd suggest something like Joomla or Drupal. If you wanna get real tricky then try and tie it in with Customer Relationship Management software like SugarCRM. That way you'll have a CMS to manage your website, and a CRM to manage your campaigns and customers (interaction, inquiries, signed up clients, communication etc.)

shan - the MINUTE the site went up i PM'd you... feel free to flick that as feedback over the craig. it's amazing

even at my work i have people coming up to me and talking to me about it - which is weird, but i'm not kidding. people at my work actually come up and say "omg have you seen the new jspec site?"

Seems you guys have been bouncing around the internet like a beach ball at a Nickelback concert!!!

for me - short answer is somewhat slow but very tolerable...

long answer is... when i'm scouring your site for cars, it can 5-10 secs wait for a page to load isn't exactly the fastest thing on the face of the earth. but! take into consideration that the site has to "skim" so many japanese sites. translate auction data and scour so many different documents and databases from the MILLIONS of results it has to search through... i really can't complain.. especially considering the site is free to view...

which brings me to my next suggestion. you guys should consider an "online tip jar" / "donations" option. can be done easilly with paypal. i know they're annoying but i personally would happily donate over credit card to you guys.. this site is a mecca for all things imports, not JUST the cars that are avail. but also the information and help you guys provide which make everything CLEAR - which is a much needed thing given that SEVS is a fairly confusing process..

so that's my suggestion... you guys deserve to be thanked and rewarded for the hours, effort, knowledge and infrastruture you have created, and shared.

...all you guys do actually... i won't name you all individually because i WILL end up forgetting a name or two. but you all know who you are!

dunno about the last point. personally I think it's a bit tacky for a business to ask for donations/tips. I mean jspec is a business. their site is there to service their customers and to gain new customers. sure it's useful to non-customers too but that's not it's main purpose. having donations makes it look like they have their hand out or are on hard times etc. i wouldn't do it personally.

site is awesome though. I agree on that point. :)

yeah, it'd look a little pov to ask for donations to keep the website goin. on a free website sure, but it's a business website. the free info is a value added service. All this info has been available at our fingertips for a few years, but never in the same spot, also not so easily accessible to the public. Hopefully this new version cuts down the number of minor emails the boys get daily like "can I import a 4 door R33 GTS4?" Potential clients can take the time to inform themselves, and then just email the boys with "I know I can import these models, I'm after one with these features, what can you show me?"

the reason I asked about speeds is because I want to give Craig some feedback on caching search results and rendered pages to speed up repeat requests.