SAU Community

Mr30 Transmission Free To A Good Home.

As the title says.

Only replacing it 'cause I am doing a manual conversion. I've never driven the car with it in so can't guarantee anything. Money back if it doesn't work :)

Southern Sydney - If you want to organise freight to pick it up from my house, know yourself out. Otherwise pick up any evening.

Cheers,

Daewoo

Edited by Daewoo

I'll take it, pending the time to swing out there to pick it up! Wont be till June or July.

Probably won't be here that long...

I don't have any garageing... all work is done in the driveway, and I don't like the place looking like a wrecking yard... send me a PM about it if you like...

BTW - how freaking heavy are they... ditching that weight is a performance mod on it's own...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Probably won't be here that long...

I don't have any garageing... all work is done in the driveway, and I don't like the place looking like a wrecking yard... send me a PM about it if you like...

BTW - how freaking heavy are they... ditching that weight is a performance mod on it's own...

Cheers,

Daewoo

What year MR30 is this from? I'm after an 84/85 four speed auto and would gladly pick it up.

Pete.

What year MR30 is this from? I'm after an 84/85 four speed auto and would gladly pick it up.

Pete.

I've thought of another angle, even if this is a three speed it would be a good exchange unit to get shift mods done. I can't PM you (not enough posts), can you PM me?

Pete.

Peter - PM Sent.

It is a 4 speed i.e. has overdrive.

Cheers,

Darryl

Darryl,

That sounds great. I'll be in the metro area on Saturday (live in the Blue Mountains), please PM me where and when. If Saturday's no good, any time to suit you.

Pete.

• 2 months later...

I realise this has already gone but have a general question...

Does anyone know if these 4 speed autos will bolt straight into an earlier series MR30 (to replace the 3 speed auto)?

JH

• 2 weeks later...
I realise this has already gone but have a general question...

Does anyone know if these 4 speed autos will bolt straight into an earlier series MR30 (to replace the 3 speed auto)?

JH

Yes & no...

If you have the correct flex-plate, they will mate up to the engine no-problem.

BUT, the gearbox x-member is different - you'll need to remove the gussets in the transmission tunnel that provided mounting points for the 3-speed, and drill the floorpan to suit the bolt pattern of the 4-speed member. The correct shifter plate, tailshaft and console surround are also required. (Note that the spline on the extension housing for the tailshaft yoke is a different count to the 3N71B, and FSxx71x series manual boxes...)

Yes & no...

Thanks for the reply. More changes required than I first thought. Looks like all the way down the driveline (and maybe the diff too?).

It's probably more sensible for me to fit a 'younger' or reco 3sp auto trans.

JH

It's probably more sensible for me to fit a 'younger' or reco 3sp auto trans.

Depends on what you can get from the donor car... other than cutting out the gusset, and drilling the floor, if you are stripping a car that had a 4 speed, you should just grab everything, and you will have everything you need... The thing I would be most concerned about is whether the ECU is the same...

Cheers,

Daewoo

The ecu isn't relevant. It's a simple analogue unit with no interface to the box. The diff is also a non-issue. Get all the bits, wire up the overdrive switch and you're done.

• 3 weeks later...
If you have the correct flex-plate, they will mate up to the engine no-problem.

...The correct shifter plate, tailshaft and console surround are also required. (Note that the spline on the extension housing for the tailshaft yoke is a different count to the 3N71B, and FSxx71x series manual boxes...)

Depends on what you can get from the donor car... other than cutting out the gusset, and drilling the floor, if you are stripping a car that had a 4 speed, you should just grab everything, and you will have everything you need.

Thanks for the info. Don't have a donor car unfortunately so...

I'm looking for a flex-plate, tailshaft, shifter plate and console surround for series 2 R30 4 speed auto. Does anyone know if any R31 items will fit?

(So far have located 4N71b auto trans, cross-member and VL driveshaft).

JH