SAU Community

The workshop that I had fit the replacement transfer case tested it by reversing the car so the back wheels were on the free rollers of the dyno, and seeing if the front wheels would pull it off the rollers.. it didn't.

Only reason I had a workshop do it was because the box is far too heavy for me to remove and refit lying on the floor of my shed, better someone else have that headache.

this is what I've read somewhere too, front drive should pull the car off the rollers. I've tried another test but not sure if it's a good indication of wear.

Hi all, good thread.

I have a similar problem with mine, after a decent engine rebuild its currently running around 450-500bhp, has a tendancy to step out at the top end of 2nd gear so I imagine it may time to get the transfer looked at going by the other posts.

But my other main problem is in the launching or kicking the clutch, instead of gripping it shudders violently, like trying to launch a fwd, would that come back to the transfer not gripping or faulty cv joints? ETS gauge doesn't go up very much at all so I don't know if it would be slipping, maybe a fauly attesa pump? let me know your thoughts

R33 manual @ nico...

I can't launch my gts4 anymore, the clutch slips... the clutch packs *seem* to be fine though.

Any indications on the cost of replacing all the clutch packs?

Hi all, good thread.

I have a similar problem with mine, after a decent engine rebuild its currently running around 450-500bhp, has a tendancy to step out at the top end of 2nd gear so I imagine it may time to get the transfer looked at going by the other posts.

But my other main problem is in the launching or kicking the clutch, instead of gripping it shudders violently, like trying to launch a fwd, would that come back to the transfer not gripping or faulty cv joints? ETS gauge doesn't go up very much at all so I don't know if it would be slipping, maybe a fauly attesa pump? let me know your thoughts

if your gauge doesn't move much then you should try bleeding the system first, if you need the procedure let us know. If there's air in the system it can be quite sluggish. You can also test the amount of pressure the pump is pushing by putting a pressure gauge inline between the line and the back of the box and following the bleeding procedure, should produce between 43 and 71psi.