SAU Community

Will R32 Gtr Front Hubs Fit R32 Gtst?

wlspn

Have searched for threads on this but had no luck.

Read somewhere on here recently that 32 GTR rear hubs are alloy & around 2.5kg lighter each than 32 GTST items. Apparently with GTR rear coilovers & LCAs ( or some modifications to OE) they can be fitted to the GTST reducing unsprung weight & also allowing more choice in coilovers.

Am looking into doing this but anyway, my question is, are 32 GTR front hubs also alloy & can they be fitted to a 32 GTST? If so, what modifications are needed? Has anyone done this?

I have a munted wheel bearing knocking like the wheel is going to fall off & can get hold of GTR front hubs very cheap.

Therefore if they are an upgrade & are able to be fitted (with light modifications even) I would obviously prefer to go with these rather than repairing my originals...

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Brett

Anyone? Surely someone knows whether GTR front hubs are alloy or not?

Really want to get this noise sorted & as I say, don't want to spend money on original if there's a better option...

[

no you cant fit gtr front hubs to your 32 gtst unless your converting it to awd and i doubt you will notice the difference in unsprung weight changing to gtr rear hub assemblies there is like sfa difference in weight and as for coilover options you can get a huge variety for a gtst 32 so all in all you should just buy new wheel bearings for your front hubs and be done with it

Thanks for info on front hubs. Will take my chances with rears.

As I mentioned, have been told from several knowledgable people on here that hub assemblies are around 2.5kg lighter each...

& I'm sure I've read somewhere (correct me if I'm wrong) that removing x amount of unsprung weight is equivelant to removing something like twice the amount of sprung weight. e.g. Removing 5kg unsprung is similar to removing 10kg sprung.

People get all excited about losing 5kg (or less) weight from c/f bonnets, etc so I think it's worth it. not expecting miracles but it all helps. People also pay HUGE money for lightweight wheels, companies like Porsche spend HEAPS developing carbon/ceramic brakes all to reduce unsprung weight...

yeh thats true but your talking about the pinnacle of motorsport with a street car your going to notice sfa differnce unless you go light weight with everything which in turn reduces it to not being a street car i think you will be disappointed with the effort involved youd notice more of a differnce striping the interior anyways its up too you this is just my train of thought

• 14 years later...
On 06/05/2010 at 8:45 AM, wlspn said:

Thanks for info on front hubs. Will take my chances with rears.

As I mentioned, have been told from several knowledgable people on here that hub assemblies are around 2.5kg lighter each...

& I'm sure I've read somewhere (correct me if I'm wrong) that removing x amount of unsprung weight is equivelant to removing something like twice the amount of sprung weight. e.g. Removing 5kg unsprung is similar to removing 10kg sprung.

People get all excited about losing 5kg (or less) weight from c/f bonnets, etc so I think it's worth it. not expecting miracles but it all helps. People also pay HUGE money for lightweight wheels, companies like Porsche spend HEAPS developing carbon/ceramic brakes all to reduce unsprung weight...

Did it work? i want to swap R34GTR rear hubs onto my r34GT lmk asap