SAU Community

Coilpack Question. Nissan Interchangeability?

It's my understanding that SR20s and RB20s used the same coilpacks (sauf the # needed of course).

Anyone confirm this? I've got Rb20 Splitfires i want to use on an SR, and just want to be sure. I've heard both yes and no to this question.

thanks.

what sr20 is it, becoz some ran a dizzy, even then youd wanna be 200% sure itl work, coz u could burn out the transistor pack and the ecu if your wrong.

Well it doesn't really matter what SR it is (its Crower 2.2), the splitfire coilpacks are good for all 32s-33s, and same with the SR packs s13s and up.

Are these the same Coilpacks though. It would seem so, but i want to know if anyone's sure or not

as long as they aren't the 'Series 2' kind with the igniter built in (which they wouldn't be if they're for an RB20), they should be fine

Series 2 hey? what application would that be? Splitfires for the RB were good for all Rb20, 25, 26 etc, they were a one model fits all. Same with SR ones, CA-SR, 13, 14 etc

If i was to buy OEM coilpacks for my SR20, are the same ones RB20s use?

as used on RB25's without the igniter module

if your SR20 has an igniter module, then it'll use the same coils as an RB20

Ya thats what i figured, but i wanted to double check,

I appreciate the prompt replies though, :merli:

It's my understanding that SR20s and RB20s used the same coilpacks (sauf the # needed of course).

Anyone confirm this? I've got Rb20 Splitfires i want to use on an SR, and just want to be sure. I've heard both yes and no to this question.

thanks.

no chance.

from memory the sr20 coils are much longer than the rb ones, so as status said, i don't think they are going to come close to fitting. i think they will be about an inch too short. all the RB motor ones are short stubby little things.

Series 2 hey? what application would that be? Splitfires for the RB were good for all Rb20, 25, 26 etc, they were a one model fits all. Same with SR ones, CA-SR, 13, 14 etc

If i was to buy OEM coilpacks for my SR20, are the same ones RB20s use?

Think your find they were'nt mate

They are different for spec one to spec two engines

This is ALL the spec two coil packs will fit and years

DSCF1935.jpg