SAU Community

Sau:nsw Official Wakefield Trackday 2010 - Full

S13Deviat

Full Name: Jeremy Coe (username JMKC)

Car Type: z4 m coupe

Newb or not: not..

Most recent lap time if not newb (can be another track if necessary but make sure you mention which one):1.16ish

# of Drivers: 1

# of Passengers & Name: tba

money transferred.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Doobs,

Do you own the slick black R33 GTST? Yeah I own the gunmetal grey R32 GTR V-spec with the proper (poxy) BBS alloys. Sorry I haven't replied direct to your message but I haven't got up 10 posts yet... also I'm a bit computer illiterate! Hope to see you at the track on the 17th.

Cheers, Ben

Full Name: Matt Cass

Car Type: Hopefully a R33 GTS-t

Newb or not: Epic newb

Most recent lap time if not newb (can be another track if necessary but make sure you mention which one): NFI, around the 1'14" mark I guess... I really need to get to a timed day lol

# of Passengers & Name: Zero ATM, may drag someone along :P

Full Name: mark joung

Car Type: 370z

Newb or not: newb

Most recent lap time: 1:15.5

# of Passengers & Name: 0

$200 payment sent! looking forward to meeting you guys

Full Name: mark joung

Car Type: 370z

Newb or not: newb

Most recent lap time: 1:15.5

# of Passengers & Name: 0

$200 payment sent! looking forward to meeting you guys

370z!!!!!!! Omg if you see me quietly fapping over your car please excuse me....... i can't wait to see one of these on the track!

Glad you're on board Mark and come say hi!!!! Well i might actually come say hi to you, and perhaps hop in for a passenger session :(

don't put the handbrake on when you park it after a session :blush: don't want cooked brake fluid.

Having the handbrake on after a session on the track won't be the thing that boils your brake fluid. It may very well fuse your handbrakes to your rotor and/or warp said rotor though :blush:

Best option is to put a choc under a wheel, that way you can't hurt anything that has warmed up...

Yep, and when choosing a choc, those huge Toblerones are the correct size and shape!

311_gr.jpg

:blush::blush:

Best option by far is what Dan just said.....

Just bring along a couple bits of small timber with you and lay they down in your car spot, 1 at the back to roll up against and 1 at the front to roll over and keep you in position. This way you can leave the car in neutral, no brakes at all and let it cool down/leave running for 5 minutes after a session.

Also a big tip, on the cool down lap (in lap), don't go slow!!! 1 reason is it slows up the next session getting out BUT most importantly you need to maintain a safe speed to feed cool air into the engine bay, brakes ect etc to cool it down. So don't back right off! Helps reduce heat soak :blush:

Old sports socks over all reservoirs is also a bonza trick!! Just make sure it is secured by a cable tie or very tightly wrapped around it!!

Hey Doobs,

Do you own the slick black R33 GTST? Yeah I own the gunmetal grey R32 GTR V-spec with the proper (poxy) BBS alloys. Sorry I haven't replied direct to your message but I haven't got up 10 posts yet... also I'm a bit computer illiterate! Hope to see you at the track on the 17th.

Cheers, Ben

Yeah that's the one. I might come down to watch as the car isn't quite reassembled for track work yet.

Best option by far is what Dan just said.....

Just bring along a couple bits of small timber with you and lay they down in your car spot, 1 at the back to roll up against and 1 at the front to roll over and keep you in position. This way you can leave the car in neutral, no brakes at all and let it cool down/leave running for 5 minutes after a session.

Old sports socks over all reservoirs is also a bonza trick!! Just make sure it is secured by a cable tie or very tightly wrapped around it!!

The garages at Wakey are pretty flat anyway, I find my car sits pretty sweet without leaving it in gear or with the handbrake up. Chocs can't hurt for an extra bit of insurance though :blush:

Full Name: Alex King

Car Type: Evo VIII

Newb or not: not

Most recent lap time: 1:08.5 (Over 12 Months Ago - Have not tracked for a while)

# of Passengers & Name: 1 - Stephen King

$220 payment sent! looking forward to meeting you guys