SAU Community

Changing Gear Shifter Selector R33

hi guys just a bought a r33 and i wanna change the gear knob to a different one since this one is stuffed(material) anyway tryed to turn it off and i couldnt get it off looked underneath it wear the thread is it looks like there is to be some sort of glue so the dickhead that had it before me glued it on or something anyway im just wondering how hard it is to change the whole gear shift seloctor if i could do it myself or how much it would cost me to get it done from somewere? thanks

its not hard, if u pull off the gear boot (trim) u should be able to see how it connects to the gearbox, it has a small black rubber boot that covers up a big circlip, if u pull off the circlip itl come up....

or the other way is to un bolt the plate that it pivots within, either way there isnt much u can stuff up so long as u make sure to remember what goes where wen u put it back together. if ur in sydney, i can help, if not, pull it apart until u get stuck, take fotos and ill show u wot to undo next.

i gave it ago last night and found it was very easy as i had a short shifter i wanted to put in but was holding off cos i didnt know how to put it in.

thanks guys

Edited by BUZNBI

the factory one i had in was a sh!t to get off, was on so so tight the metal felt like it was twisting and about to snap even before it would budge anymore then about 5mill.