SAU Community

Rb26 Stock Rods With Arp Bolts Or Eagle H-beam Rods?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

properly fitted arp's (torqued with stretch gauge, resized etc) with stockers.

caned for 3 years making over 600awhp, 9000rpm and 10.30's down the 1/4 mile....measured up perfect on stripdown.

eagles are garbage.

Edited by Swiper the Fox

caned for 3 years making over 600awhp, 9000rpm and 10.30's down the 1/4 mile....measured up perfect on stripdown.

eagles are garbage.

thx for the advice mate

eagles are garbage. ??????

please explane why you say because i run eagle rods and so far i swear by them.

i also know of a 2jza that have 850hp@tires using eagle rods.

Those rods would be around the 700 mark with arp bolts in them. I have used both standard GTR rods with bolts in my 26 and eagle rods in some SR20s, no issues with the eagles with 162 hp per rod.

Nitto rods = Supermodel Group Sex

Hey Paul,

Are you saying the standard rods are as strong as the eagles ? or its just not worth it unless your going to use something japanese ?

Cheers,

Mitch.

eagles are garbage.

i wouldnd go that far, here is a Supra on E85 putting down 1147 rwhp/822lbs/ft(1115Nm) @ 2.8 bar boost with eagle rods

on that day they did about 50 pulls. 30 of them were in the 1000whp+ area.

by the time you buy arp bolts +shipping have your rods prepped balnced shot peened and what ever else you need to do they cost the same if not more than the eagle rods also eagle rods come with arp bolts the only way stock rods would be better is if you can do all the mods to them yourself im not saying stock rods are crap either but for the normal joe out there the eagle rods are a worthy investment and shouldnt be looked past

by the time you buy arp bolts +shipping have your rods prepped balnced shot peened and what ever else you need to do they cost the same if not more than the eagle rods also eagle rods come with arp bolts the only way stock rods would be better is if you can do all the mods to them yourself im not saying stock rods are crap either but for the normal joe out there the eagle rods are a worthy investment and shouldnt be looked past

prepped rods are less than 1/2 the price of eagles...are i beam and dont split up the centre like most of the chinese rods do.

if your going to buy forged rods buy real ones like Nitto, Argo, Carillo etc.

having 1st hand had experience with most of the leading brand rods available id have to say the Nitto's would be the best way to spend your hard earned with Argo a close second.

Edited by Swiper the Fox

not everyone has 2g to spend on rods alone and you can get your stock rods all done for less than 300 dollars inc arp bolts thats pretty good price

eagles are garbage.

hmm i disagree that eagles are garbage.

why would they waste their time making aftermarket ones if it is going to be garbage compared to standard ones?

i understand if you're talking about chinese rods, but i still think they would be better than standard rods.

hmm i disagree that eagles are garbage.

why would they waste their time making aftermarket ones if it is going to be garbage compared to standard ones?

i understand if you're talking about chinese rods, but i still think they would be better than standard rods.

there are lots of products produced for these and many other cars that have little or no gain.

i am talking about chinese rods...where do you think eagles come from?...lol