SAU Community

Rb26 Stock Rods With Arp Bolts Or Eagle H-beam Rods?

i wouldnd go that far, here is a Supra on E85 putting down 1147 rwhp/822lbs/ft(1115Nm) @ 2.8 bar boost with eagle rods

on that day they did about 50 pulls. 30 of them were in the 1000whp+ area.

going to quote my post again 1147 rwhp(855 kw) with Eagle rods in a Supra(2JZ-GTE) so they are not rubbish it seems

Pauter rods have held up well, at least in the Supra world

I would think the Carillo H-Beam Rods are the strongest ones you can find.

Multiple 1400+whp(1000+kw) Supras that use them

like SW with is record setting 6speed manual Supra 7.91 @ 189 mph in the 1/4 mile and 246.2 mph(396.2 kph) in a standing mile. Stock gearbox, stock axels and stock rear/TRD LSD, IRS btw

Amit Bhaktas Supra 1722 whp( 1284 kw) and it did 243.67 mph(392 kph) in a standing mile

Tommy bahn / ABM Supra has done 247.7 mph(398.6 kph) in a standing mile

WOTM// Ryan Woon used them also in his 6spd Supra [email protected]

Darin @ Titan used them when he was going 8.38@174mph

and i could go on and on since all the quickest/fastest Supras seem to use Carillo H beam ......Carillo H beam = the way to go if you want the strongest i think.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the supra guys had problems with the Carrillo rods but this was quite a while ago, they did bend a couple under high boost. Carrillo changed something on their 2J rods which seems to have resolved the issue. You'll see that they have put HD in their product line for the 2Z series rods.

I fitted some Nitto rods in a 30 last week and they definately look strong. Slightly heavier than the Argos though. The argos use a groove in the side to allow some oil to get thrown in the direction of the piston and the Pauter rods use 2 grooves in the side for the same thing but they can also be ordered with a oil hole right thru the rod to the pin. I personally think the Nitto rods are one of the best on the market and would recommend them to anyone building a tough rb30. The little end on these is undersized so they can be honed to suit the pin being used unlike some rods on the market that are to loose right from the word go.

Smiley was building engines while most on here were still getting lunch from their mothers tit and seen more rods than the average punter...looks like he's impressed too.

Edited by Swiper the Fox