SAU Community

Nismo Lmgt4 Wheels - Gtr Offsets And Sizes

hey guys

selling these wheels for a mate, he doesnt have an account on sau but is on nissansilvia as username 'spenda'

the wheels are pretty much immaculate, only one with a small scratch.. these wheels have been collecting dust for quite some time now.. just holding my car up really.

anyways they do not come with any tires, they will be removed opun someone buying them.. i would also rather not post these as well local buyers preffered.. but if i have to i will.

sizes are

18x 9.5 + 12

18 x 10.5 + 15

price for the wheels is $3300

located in brisbane.

send me a pm and i will pass onto him.

post-54607-1272847713_thumb.jpg

It is impossiable the acheive the same rolling diameter.. if you guys choose to run staggered widths thats fine but don't tell the rest of SAU to. you need the same rolling diameter... and it is impossiable to acheive with different widths, even if the tyres are the same.

/end rant. kthxbye.

^ +1

not GTR sizes at all, will suit gts-t's etc..

^hahaha, are you serious? and what do you think would be a gtr size set of these wheels?

these would be out the guards a fair bit on a gtst.. here is a picture of these wheels on my s13.. please explain how these would suit a gtst? the fronts are only under because i have wide guards there..

post-39756-1273129889_thumb.jpg

most if not all sets of these seen on gtr's are 9.5 +12 (my fronts) all around.. these are the lowest offsets and widest you can get the wheels in.. well the 10.5s anyways.. as for the 9.5's they are still the lowest offset in that width.... now unless you had a full set of 18x10.5 at +15 you wont get any wider track..

anyways i will consider swaps of similar size and offset in the following wheels

re30

rpf01

ame tm02

Edited by spenda

^ The sizes are fine for a gtr clearly, but the set for sale have staggered widths, and yes will they will stick out a fair bit for gts-t's just depends on how 'hektik' you want to look or if your runnin wide body/pumped/flared gaurds like your s13.

Only reason I mentioned it being not suitable for a gtr is because I saw it first hand with a mates 32 gtr that ran staggered widths for a short time and it was playin around slightly with his attessa system....he then went same sizes/widths all round and problem gone.

^ The sizes are fine for a gtr clearly, but the set for sale have staggered widths, and yes will they will stick out a fair bit for gts-t's just depends on how 'hektik' you want to look or if your runnin wide body/pumped flared gaurds like your s13.

Only reason I mentioned it being not suitable for a gtr is because I saw it first hand with a mates 32 gtr that ran staggered widths for a short time and it was playin around slightly with his attessa system....he then went same sizes/widths all round and problem gone.

thats fine, and i agree it would probably not suit the attessa 4wd system.. elaboration is the key :yes:

just out of curiosity what sizes and width wheels was he using when it was playing around?

and on another note:

weezy - im no genius with gtr's but; wouldn't the effects on the system be more related to difference in track width/offset and weight between the front and rear wheels.. not having the same rolling diameter doesn't make sense because they are the same diameter so theoretically that should not matter.. just the other two factors.

that said, if anyone in brisbane wants to trial fit these on their gtr and go for a test drive to check the attessa system to see if it gives you any hassles, feel free to come around but bring a hefty deposit with you, spare key to your car, drivers license and proof of current address besides on license.. yeah thats right, i dont have time to fk around serious buyers only haha...

It is impossiable the acheive the same rolling diameter.. if you guys choose to run staggered widths thats fine but don't tell the rest of SAU to. you need the same rolling diameter... and it is impossiable to acheive with different widths, even if the tyres are the same.

/end rant. kthxbye.

Just plain wrong. A 265 50 series tyre has the same rolling diameter regardless of rim width. The tyre width/ratio has to be the same front to back not the rim width. Rim width has nothing to do with rolling diameter, Tyre width does.

Edited by jonn

ahh i just got this whole rolling diameter business you guys are on about

did some calculations and came up with these specs based on what tires i already had/have on there.

rear formula would be (255 x 0.7) + 18x25.4 = total wheel height in mm

total wheel height x 3.142 or pie = total rolling diameter in mm

rears 255/35/18 - total rolling diameter - 1997.3694mm

front 225/40/18 - total rolling diameter - 2002.0824mm

difference = 4.713mm

this is the tire specs i have on the rims at the moment from memory.. if you want to come try these on and see if attessa likes/dislikes it feel free... but as said in my above post bring a wallet full of cash and a lot of personal details.

Edited by spenda

Gosh, some bad info here. Step aside kiddies :(

You CAN run different widths front and rear on a GTR.

You NEED to make sure the rolling diametre of your chosen tyres are very close, not exact, but very close. Say, within 15mm rolling diametre front to rear.

(Think about it, that is LESS than the difference bewtween a fully treaded new tyre on the front and a worn rear isn't it :)

Save this to your favourites!;

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Now, for shits and giggles, do the excercise, compare a 245/35/18 (for front) with a 285/30/18 (for rear). Now, please go and tell all ya mates :O

Edited by Marlin

within 15mm rolling diametre front to rear.

(Think about it, that is LESS than the difference bewtween a fully treaded new tyre on the front and a worn rear isn't it :(

my calculations in my above post put the current tires they have on right now well inside the supposed 15mm..

Edited by spenda

that said, if anyone in brisbane wants to trial fit these on their gtr and go for a test drive to check the attessa system to see if it gives you any hassles, feel free to come around but bring a hefty deposit with you, spare key to your car, drivers license and proof of current address besides on license.. yeah thats right, i dont have time to fk around serious buyers only haha...

Are you the seller as well :(

You can trial fit them on my car if you'd like :O

Want to see how the 10.5 +15 sit on the rear at least.

Are you the seller as well :(

You can trial fit them on my car if you'd like :)

Want to see how the 10.5 +15 sit on the rear at least.

my mate listed them to make it look more legit then coming from a person with 10 posts haha

i get a bit turned off something thats for sale anywhere over 1k when its coming from a person with no reputation..

i wont mind trial fitting as long as you have some interest in buying them.. if not then i don't really want to waste the time.. sorry to sound rude, but thats just the way she goes :O

my mate listed them to make it look more legit then coming from a person with 10 posts haha

i get a bit turned off something thats for sale anywhere over 1k when its coming from a person with no reputation..

i wont mind trial fitting as long as you have some interest in buying them.. if not then i don't really want to waste the time.. sorry to sound rude, but thats just the way she goes :(

Ok, fair enough.

Something of this value, you'd hope the buyer would come see them before handing over money, so you could have easily listed in.

But yeah, I was only kidding, if they were 10.5 all round, maybe a bit more interest from me.

Good luck!

Ok, fair enough.

Something of this value, you'd hope the buyer would come see them before handing over money, so you could have easily listed in.

But yeah, I was only kidding, if they were 10.5 all round, maybe a bit more interest from me.

Good luck!

yeah thats cool.. 10.5s all around would be quite a set :(