SAU Community

Bc Racing Coilovers?

Hey guys, if it helps, I've fitted BC's to a bunch of cars at work now. I've got customers in Soarers, Skylines, Silvias and Subarus that I've fitted BC's to and all are doing very well. All customers are happy with the BC's, great product.

I'll be fitting them to my own Skyline in the not too distant future also.

Anyone interested in buying some Tein type HA jap spec coilovers out of my R33?

• 2 months later...

Are these BC's Kidney Bashers as the Jap ones in my GTR now are killing me on every bump and the Left rear has a Bad Bang in it so they are Fooked.

Thinking of getting a set of these, mainly do Around Town driving and a bit of Highway on occasions... Are they easy to live with in normal conditions???

Cheers Dave

No issues with mine, have been running them in my stagea daily for 9 months.

I have fairly soft springs fitted, almost stock rates, but the dampening is set firm. They feel great on the road, well worth the money.

Are these BC's Kidney Bashers as the Jap ones in my GTR now are killing me on every bump and the Left rear has a Bad Bang in it so they are Fooked.

As with any coilover it depends on what spring rate you get. You probably want 4fr/3rr or 6fr/4rr for a decent ride.

Has anyone used these coilovers on the track? I am thinking of getting these for track days so I am interested to see what peoples thoughts are for these proposes.

I got a set of the BC ER's (external reservoir) made up for my R32 GTR that see's the track regularly. The standard rates they come with are 12kg front and 10kg rear which I think is way too hard. After liaising with Just Jap, i got the factory to produce a set with 8kg front and 6kg rear. They also revalved them for these spring rates and extended the lengths to ensure they would run at the heights i wanted.

I couldnt be happier with them. On the road i have compression and rebound set to full soft and on the track i have found that about the midpoint on both compression and rebound gives me the best feel. Coupled with the whiteline swaybars front and rear, the car is very neutral now whereas it used to be very understeer dominant. Ive cut my times down at lakeside substantially with these coilovers (and with the swaybars).

I couldnt be more happy with the service from Darron at Just Jap either. I was really impressed with the running around he did for me and the quick response time. I fully recommend these to anyone who are after a good track coilover without compromising too much on the street.

Cool looks like they hold up really well. I've been doing some research on them and there is a lot of good reviews through the other forums. Did it cost more to change the spring rates? If you don't mind how much did it all cost with swaybars as well? I am looking at doing the same thing if I go ahead and buy the BC's. PM me if you like. Cheers

Go for it, i went from Tein HAs that were in need of a bit of a rebuild and left my kidney on the side of the road to BC BR series and WOW!! so much nicer to drive my GTR as a daily now

Cool looks like they hold up really well. I've been doing some research on them and there is a lot of good reviews through the other forums. Did it cost more to change the spring rates? If you don't mind how much did it all cost with swaybars as well? I am looking at doing the same thing if I go ahead and buy the BC's. PM me if you like. Cheers

The custom spring rates and setup were the same price which I thought was pretty amazing. There was a lot of extra effort put in to get them made up and at no extra charge to me! I got the swaybars through a seller on here or nissansilvia i think, they are Whiteline adjustable products and were around 210 each from memory.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I was after, My Jap Ohlins that came with the car when I got it are terrible.... Lose my breath on some bumps!

Just ordered with JJ so we will see soon!!!!

Go for it, i went from Tein HAs that were in need of a bit of a rebuild and left my kidney on the side of the road to BC BR series and WOW!! so much nicer to drive my GTR as a daily now

Is it really worth going the ext resovoir BC's or is that just overkill for a daily/occasioanl track use?

If its mainly a streeter, just go the BR series mate. The ER's are great, but are more track oriented (harder). If i was choosing some for a daily, i would be going possibly the BR's with 6kg front, 4kg rear as a max spring rate combo

Just wondering, for those saying they love the BR series (for street), did you go with the standard f:8 r:6 spring rates from just jap? Or perhaps not quite as stiff as SLVR32 is mentioning above?

I went for the 8kg Front and 6kg Rear as per the site and it seem good for the short drive I did today after install.

Compared to what I had in there they are like silk..LOL

Just need to set my heights back to where they were and play with the dampening a little bit.

post-34973-1282121196_thumb.jpg

post-34973-1282121273_thumb.jpg

post-34973-1282121481_thumb.jpg

post-34973-1282121565_thumb.jpg

Edited by Turbo Dave

If its mainly a streeter, just go the BR series mate. The ER's are great, but are more track oriented (harder). If i was choosing some for a daily, i would be going possibly the BR's with 6kg front, 4kg rear as a max spring rate combo

see i was thinking the same going BR's

iv currently got bilstien's on my gtr, and my rear left knocks like a motherf*ker, but bilstiens are an alright brand, so im thinking of jus overhauling them at pedders or somthing.