SAU Community

Bc Racing Coilovers?

Couldn't tell you who it was just a sale guy at justjap. The dampers are inside the coils so I imagine it makes piss all difference to rim clearance. Mounting would be the same I imagine. Call justjap to confirm though but I can't see it being much differece, if any.

Plenty of silvia owns do 6/4 so they have better traction on the road.

Ideal for like a silvia is 6/4.5 but a guy that distributes them tells me they can't do halves...

The 8/6 are fine on the road for the R33, but it is a larger heavier car.I've got an ADM S15 and was thinking 4/4, 5/4 or something.

Not too such about having equal rate front and back mate.

You don't have much travel on the front as in the rear. You'd have to have the car pretty high (near stock) to not get it to slam on the tire when braking into a corner.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys i just put the BC's in my car - BR type on my 34 n/a coupe.

ive got them on the softest setting possible, and its great.

only problem is when the roads were wet yesterday after a long dry period, after turning a corner the tyres would loose traction under acceleration - even very lightly accelerating (i was driving granny spec, since i know roads tend to be quite slippery when it rains after a dry period)

is this somewhat normal? my car has never lost traction so badly or as much as yesterday in the 3 years ive had it so far

ive got them on the softest setting possible, and its great.

only problem is when the roads were wet yesterday after a long dry period, after turning a corner the tyres would loose traction under acceleration - even very lightly accelerating (i was driving granny spec, since i know roads tend to be quite slippery when it rains after a dry period)

is this somewhat normal? my car has never lost traction so badly or as much as yesterday in the 3 years ive had it so far

Did you lower the car when you put the coilovers in? This will mess up your alignment, which can give you traction issues

Did you lower the car when you put the coilovers in? This will mess up your alignment, which can give you traction issues

yeah the coilovers lowered it massively, it was on stock suspension before

thanks for that mate cleared it up well! I need to pop by bridgestone anyway, one of my studs broke when the wheels were being removed.

thanks again, glad its a somewhat easy fix!

big difference from stock suspension hey, i had some V1's installed set at about 8 from softest. havent lost traction yet (driving dry or wet) on some of the crappiest roads brisbane has to offer.

yeah its a huge difference, brings a smile to my face everytime i go for a drive still haha

thankfully its not too stiff, my kidneys are still intact! I was pretty worried about that.

Will be even better once i get my alignment sorted and the wheel nut fixed up :)

Ill get some pics up once i get time to detail my car ric :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

interesting thread there eightsixboy, thanks!

found this on there

lowerbreaklr.jpg

the guy who posted this has since not replied, i wonder how its going for him lol

Couldn't get the link to work; what's the context behind the broken strut?

That would be the weakest part of the damper. I imagine it would happen to most thread adjustable dampers in a crash.

Quite possible; I'm more wondering if they're implying that the coilover breaking caused the car to crash, or this is what they found after a car crashed & decided it was the cause; rather than an effect.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys but there is still no answer on why the external cartridge are no good I am considering getting them because they have camber adjust or is that just a waste if time???

Any advise would be good