SAU Community

R33 Gearbox Into A R32, Tech Savy Please Help

hey guys iv search but cant really come up with much for what im after...

just want to know if i bought a r33 gtst manual conversion kit, what parts are interchangeable with the r32.

as in, is the clutch pedal, cross member the same?

i kno the tailshaft and speedo has to be modified but what else....

or a easier way to put it is, what parts can i use from a r33 conversion kit when puttin it in my r32 gtst

should all bolt straight in withno dramas you might have a lil issue with the gearbox xmember but thats hardly a problem clutch master cylinders in a r33 are shorter but still will bolt into the 32 hen just your speedo drive mod this conversion is a pretty straight forward one

how bout clutch pedal?

my main concern is wether or not to buy the clutch pedal or the master cylinder....

or if i dont buy those two, will the r32 mastercylinder work with r33 lines and slave.

yes clutch pedal will bolt in and yes a 32 or 33 mastercylinder will bolt in and do the job you may need to rebend the hardline but that is nothing difficult got to love nissan interchangabilty dont stress so much its not an overly hard job just take your time with it

cool sounds good.... i got no problem fitting the parts... i just dont wanna waste money buying them all if they wont fit (as i have a change to buy a whole r33 kit)...

thanks guys, if anyone knows anything i should know b4 i go ahead and purchase the r33 stuff... please let me kno.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Make sure the radiator fan shroud is on and in good condition. Make sure all the radiator guides are in place. Make sure your intercooler isn't restricting too much airflow to the radiator. Change your coolant out for a 30/70 glycol/water mixture instead of the normal factory recommended 50/50. Make sure your radiator is halfway decent, so not Mishimoto. Make sure your fan clutch is functioning properly. If you have the factory oil/coolant heat exchanger a larger oil cooler or better ducting can help take the load off the cooling system. If your tune pulls out way too much timing to achieve the power figures that it does and the pressure peak is happening well after TDC turn down the boost. Less thermal efficiency means more of that heat is going into your coolant and engine oil instead of the wheels. E85 would likely help a lot in this situation as it naturally has more water dissolved in it and the combustion of alcohol releases a lot more water than gasoline. I would also recommend doing some temperature logging of various fluid temperatures. Rear differential, transmission, transfer case, front differential, power steering fluid. Gear oil shouldn't exceed ~140C. If it is getting too close for comfort you might need to consider some method of cooling it off better. Keep in mind that these systems are kind of all interconnected. The oil pan holds the front diff for example and keeping the engine oil cool will help cool the front diff in turn.
    • Ok, I've just ordered the high amp flanged kit from EFI Hardware.  Once it's installed, I'll go for progressively longer/harder drives and I'll check the temp of the terminals with the heat gun.  If there are any issues with temp, I'll drop in the Walbro 460 which should draw about 5 less amps and I'll repeat the process checking temps.  Also I'll make sure to take some high res photos of my crimps this time =P
    • Yeah that and I should it was 2 pin as well but it’s in the right spot 
    • Yes, the fan shroud.
    • Meaning the recirc temp sensor? That was my thought also, except that I thought that was 2pin. Hadn't had a chance to pull ash tray out to have a peek.