SAU Community

R33 Gts-t Turbo Recommendation

I sourced most of my parts from SAU second hand from good honest people, thats why i love this site..spread the love.

Paid $850 for GCG high flow only 2 years old checked by gcg , sold my stocker for $300 so cost me $550 and installed it my self, piss easy took about 5 hours and everything bolted straight back on. True direct bolton , nothing to change. If i can do it , any one can.

Apexi power fc=$950 second hand SAU

Nismo 550injec=$600 second hand SAU( need injectors to max out turbo potential)

Bosch 040 in tank fuel pump=$50 second hand SAU(needed to meet fuel demands)

Splitfire coils=$450 second hand SAU(needed to run bigger gap on my plugs, went from .7 to 1.1 coppers when i upgraded coils.

JJR return flow coooler=$450 new

3 inch exhaust turbo back full stainless=$650 wreckers

Greddy profec b EBC

Run stock air box.

Tune=$750 unigroup engineering

My set up is begging for a garrett gt3071 or 76r bolton replacement and retune but this exercise will cost me between $2500 to $3000 , to gain an extra 30kw atw on my current set up. The only way i would justify this would be to take a ride in a gtst making 280kw + . If blown away by the difference then i would do it.

For now im at peace with what i have.

Hope i helped.

geez i rang GCG today and was quoted $1900 to highflow my turbo. sorry but just to clarify, you bought the turbo from them 2 years ago, or? maybe they raised the price.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's grabbed it 2nd hand i suspect, lucky grab @ that price. Most people sell them around 1200-1300. :whistling:

Although I don't know what GCG "checked", given you need to pull it apart which means a new cartridge @ around $900-$1100 before you start as its basically rebuilding.

So maybe they just looked at it with their eyes or something tricky...

geez i rang GCG today and was quoted $1900 to highflow my turbo. sorry but just to clarify, you bought the turbo from them 2 years ago, or? maybe they raised the price.

I purchased the turbo from SAU forums for $850 second hand in good conditon. Called michael from GCG and quoted the Job number stamped on turbo and then he gave me the build date. It was only two years old. GCG is in my neighbour hood(condell park), went in and saw michael and he visual inspected turbo, he reckons it looked fine.

I wouldnt spend $1900 high flowing my stocker, just buy a gt3071r or 76r new or second hand.

When you are honest and generous in life things come back to you 10 fold. look after people and people will look after you.

Good quality second hand parts are all over this site and i have been fortunate to deal with good honest people.

Like JC says" love your neighbour as you love your self"

Edited by manuel

ahhh ok $850 second hand, thought i had missed something there hehe, thanks for clearing that up.

yeah well in that case if its gonna cost $1900 to highflow, might aswell cough up another $1100 and go all out with a GT3076R kit. :dry:

i picked up a used 3071 kit for $1500...was gunna get a hiflow but this showed up so took my chances, so far so good.. :D

Although thats said it probably wont make much more power than a good hiflow...maybe less and theres no warranty..

Edited by Arthur T3

ahhh ok $850 second hand, thought i had missed something there hehe, thanks for clearing that up.

yeah well in that case if its gonna cost $1900 to highflow, might aswell cough up another $1100 and go all out with a GT3076R kit. :dry:

Just remember there is a reasonable difference between the two in response, I'd consider a GT28 whatever it is called, the next size down personally.

i picked up a used 3071 kit for $1500...was gunna get a hiflow but this showed up so took my chances, so far so good.. :happy:

Although thats said it probably wont make much more power than a good hiflow...maybe less and theres no warranty..

it will make it quicker... and that's what you want

i havent driven a laggy turbo car yet, though i think id prefer an epic punch in the balls sort of feeling than a constant fondling sensation, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

lag is ghey... 250rwkw by 3500 is more fun to drive on the street than say 350 by 4500

Hey guys,

With the 3071, which is the best housing to get for an RB25?

I figure that I don't want more than 275kw as it's a 1993 engine with stock internals, so i might as well get the one most responsive to around that figure.

Also, I'm guessing that these take the "normal rb turbo" style dump pipe? I've got a different v band sorta deal on at the moment (that's what the kkr turbo uses), so i'd need to buy one, do i just grab a dump pipe to suit a standard rb turbo or do i need a special garrett fitting? If it's a normal nissan one, i'm guessing that there is no problems using a screamer pipe? Is the 3071 with a different dump fitting a much better turbo? if so, i'd go that option, as I need to purchase a dump pipe either way (as long as it fits up with my front pipe, i'm happy)

Thanks guys :)

3071 with the original style 6 bolt rear Is a bit restrictive Ive been told and will only make around 260kw,Least thats what GCG told me.. whereas garret style rear will make closer to 290kw i think and spools up quicker..