SAU Community

R33 Gts-t Turbo Recommendation

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh internally gated low mount for me was a must to avoid defects... thats why i went with 3071...

mine doesnt hook up to the standard skyline dump... i have custom intakes n dumps... (dump made a big difference)...

got some pics too but not on the work comp so will prob put some up on the weekend

this is the pickle i was in for so long, personally i dont like the results the garrett IW housings give.

if i was going thru this again with an RB25, i would do one of two options:

HKS 2835

or

3071 ex gate .63 rear. id send my housing to hypergear to have it moded and a gate added.

im confident the ex gate 3071 option i just mentioned would be one really REALLY awesome option for an rb25, infact i wish i had done it myself (now going hks 3037 and rb30 to compensate)

fun and games all around

dont most of the hypergear stuf like the atr43 renge use .70 a/r comp cover. what size is the standard one

cant remember off the top of my head. ask Tao from hypergear or check the site maybe. he knows all the specs.

I should of mentioned that the high-flow i am referring to is with either a VG30DET or RB25DETNEO turbo (OP6).

yeh internally gated low mount for me was a must to avoid defects... thats why i went with 3071...

mine doesnt hook up to the standard skyline dump... i have custom intakes n dumps... (dump made a big difference)...

got some pics too but not on the work comp so will prob put some up on the weekend

Hey usmair!

Got a dyno sheet dude?

Surly having the stock tubby rebuilt with steal internal and high flowed with a custom ecu remap will be cheaper?????

I got 300bhp 220kW with my silly set up and im sure you could get at least 30 or 40 bhp more out of it if I went the steal tubby and ecu route.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

After doing some searching I got to this thread ..

I'm looking for a turbo that fits right in (but wouldn't mind different water/oil line), spools up quickly (3000 rpm) and will keep me happy for a long time.

My target is about 350-400hp at the rear.

I want minimal lag!

The car will be used on the road with some drives to the drag strip.

I hear mixed things about these high flowed turbos.

A company here sells these:

High Flowed

(I need compressor maps for these)

I want to keep the internal waste gate.

I know this has been debated a zillion times, but I just lost track of the many options.

:blink::P

Thanks for your thoughts,

Andrew

Edited by Torques

just wondering, everyone's always talking about upgrading turbo's and what not...what about just hi flowing them? i know they might not make as much power as a bigger turbo but they'll still spool pretty quickly and can still make good power if tuned right with good bolt ons

I bought a HKS GT-RS.

Its untuned at the moment, running on a reset Power FC and using the standard ~1 bar actuator to control boost. Feels slightly laggier than standard, but with a much torquier midrange/top end.

Its getting dyno tuned on Monday hoping for 330rwhp, I'll let you know how it goes :)

Hey usmair!

Got a dyno sheet dude?

sorry for the late reply

unfortunately the car has now been sold so I cant take any more pics

I did have one of the engine bay here somewhere... If i find it i'll chuck it on

post-44179-1278985435_thumb.jpg

If you are happy with 250rwkw and loads more response, the HKS GT-RS is an option. For the money tho, I would prob go a GT3071

GT2835 PRO S @ 18psi on an rb25 saw full boost at 3200rpm made something like 340hp on a very safe tune with a very tied engine

or

buy my HKS 3037S Kit make easy 400hp+

Edited by Kaido_RR

• 1 month later...
what boost tho? the 3076 will do same power and response times... but less psi needed to make same power.

Ive had both type of turbos on rb25's so bit of experience with them.

My 3071R was a AVO or ATP style rear housing to bolt up to skyline dump. mounted lowmount and made 280 rwkw on 20 psi.. i then ran cams and made same power on 17 psi and spooled earlier.

currently have 3076 but with garret rear and ex gate, full boost at 3500 and makes 310 rwkw on 17-18 psi, stock cams.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but that is not fair to compare a turbo with a 6-bolt housing to bolt up to standard dump and a genuine garrett housing.

It has been proven many times the genuine garrett housing will outperform the modified ones (to bolt up to a standard dump) in every way.