SAU Community

Sick Of My Tein Coilovers!

Tein Super Streets if you want to stick to a coilover. 4kg springs are fine, just stiffen up the shock if you are really pushing it.

I just changed from stiff coilovers to bilstein shocks, king springs and standard rubber top mounts. This is softer and lot more comfier but still handles very well. Most times on australian roads stiff coilovers are worse at handling cause your bumping all over the place.

I've got the full SK Bilstien/Whitleline kit in my 33 and IMO it is great gear. Feels good on the street and is apparently very good on track.

Firm ride but still very comfortable......just food for thought as an option other than coilovers

Are these kits still easy enough to source? How much was it for the kit like 2k?

Still very easy to get. All the whiteline stuff can be ordered through repco and the prices are about the same as the SK group buy.

SK is still around (I met with him about a month ago) and yes he can still get the kit but he gets you selby swaybars instead of the whiteline ones. I can ask him if he would mind if I gave you his mobile number if you want?

As with pricing give me a bit and I'll work out how much is cost all up

Still very easy to get. All the whiteline stuff can be ordered through repco and the prices are about the same as the SK group buy.

SK is still around (I met with him about a month ago) and yes he can still get the kit but he gets you selby swaybars instead of the whiteline ones. I can ask him if he would mind if I gave you his mobile number if you want?

As with pricing give me a bit and I'll work out how much is cost all up

If i can get a rough guideline on the cost say within 200 (+ -) of whatever amount that's all i need. If it's within budget and i believe it to be better than anything within that cost range I'd be very interested. Anyone know of any/many members in Brisbane with these kits? Would love to have a quick ride in a car to see how it is comfort wise

If i can get a rough guideline on the cost say within 200 (+ -) of whatever amount that's all i need. If it's within budget and i believe it to be better than anything within that cost range I'd be very interested. Anyone know of any/many members in Brisbane with these kits? Would love to have a quick ride in a car to see how it is comfort wise

I found the old SK group buy parts sheet but its for the R33 so it will only give you a rough guide but still not a bad price.

Around $1500 for the springs and shocks if you want to go the whole lot its a bit more but worth it IMO

post-31195-1274184424_thumb.jpg

Thanks bud really appreciate it i've only ever heard very good things about those kits

no worries, I'm pretty sure the old SK group buy threads are still there but they are now closed so if you search a bit you'll probably find the 34 sheet.

And yes the whole setup is really good. My line actually rides better than my work van which is pretty amazing considering how well it handles, just soaks up the bumps.

Should try the Tein Flex.

I used them both daily and track and there pretty good.

With the 5/4 spring rate only the big bumps and holes in the road make the car uncomfortable

Are they the australian spring rates for the BCNR33 type flex, resprung/revalved by fulcrum??

Jap spec flex (the ones that we get in N.Z) are 8kg front and 7kg rear!

Car is at the moment 100% road use but wouldnt mind taking it on the track sometime in the future

DMS FTW:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Dm...oc-t301206.html

We're also about to have a special where if you purchase any full car set of DMS coilovers (can be 40mm, 50mm, or 3/5/6 way) you get $500 worth of brake products for free. Brakes can be from any of our brands, QFM, Project Mu, RDA, DBA etc.

but he gets you selby swaybars instead of the whiteline ones

Not any more he wouldn't be!

Why do you think he won't be getting the selby bars anymore?

I spoke with sk about two or three weeks ago and he said he still gets (and prefers) the selbys

Mmmmmmm, Fair enough. Could it be possible they are just going to rebrand/rename them?

On a side note I checked my diary and I last saw SK about 6 weeks ago not 2 so my apologies......How time flys eh

• 6 years later...