SAU Community

Rb26/30, Par Gear Box, R33 Build

This thread has me wanting a cool R33 GTS25t....more pics, more details..+ VIDS :thumbsup:

ahh thanks mate, i went to japan for a few weeks thus why there has been no up dates.

the new aftermarket sump has arrived, it holds 3L or 4 Liters more oil, has a fancy pick up in it and mines baffles.

will get some pictures when i head into mercury next.

• 1 year later...

its been awhile since ive posted in here, been up north for work and havent be able to drive the car much, basically flew back for power play in qld a few months back to drive it and thats about it. A photo was taken of it lapping round qld raceway on the day and put in the latest powercruise magazine under the mercury motorsport workshop pages. (photo below) im the bottom left of the page.

in the last six months a ASR 8 liter sump was installed (photo below) and some rear suspension modifications where done to take away the anti squating that all standard r33 skylines have, rear control arms were installed and a little but of cutting and rewelding of steel on different angels were done to shift the center of gravity from just infront of the rear wheel to just behind the front wheel.

so the rear suspension dropped round 2 inches under power to aid in traction and a new rear wheel alignment is done with 0 tow and 0.5 positive camber so that when the car squats it put 100% of the tire width down for traction.

post-19157-0-44046400-1321007674_thumb.jpg

post-19157-0-39612200-1321008707_thumb.jpg

Edited by GOT04

great build thread, love it. BUT.....beware the PAR gearsets. Ive been through 7, yes, SEVEN of the gtr gearsets and no, im not an advocate. I wish you all the best, looks like it will be an absolute handfull when its on song!

Cheers, Allan

great build thread, love it. BUT.....beware the PAR gearsets. Ive been through 7, yes, SEVEN of the gtr gearsets and no, im not an advocate. I wish you all the best, looks like it will be an absolute handfull when its on song!

Cheers, Allan

hay mate, ta for the comments.

what components broke mainly in the gear set? just curious.

dropped the car off today to get the garrett 42gtx (1000hp) turbo put on.

finding the to4z isnt giving the car the punch its needs to keep up with all the big rigs in brisbane on thursday nights.

the head is going away to to have work on it to fit bigger cams.

looking for full boost round 5200rpm and rev to 8200rpm.

will be interesting to see how the gtx turbo goes with boost over 22psi which is were garrett are claiming that the customer sees the big results.

post-19157-0-77170300-1321609158_thumb.jpg

Have you considered any of the billet wheeled T04z sized turbos 6766 or HTA3794? Usable powerband is what wins races.. Like how Fatgtr found out when he ran a properly built 2.6 with lowmount 2530's with his 2.8 and t51.. Lol

Yeah mate of course I consitered it, but what u will find is that thw billet wheels are only an advantage over a so called normal to4z when there on race fuel boost because the wheel doesnt flex over 22psi and it has more blades to pick up air. So a billet wheeled to4z wont give me any advantages on pump which is what im only ever going to use on the street.

The new gtx garrett turbos are a billet wheel btw.

If u have 3000rpm of full boost that is a very useable power band. Not to mention the fast boost thats on all before it. Quick gear changes, short gear ratio from the diff and small diameter wheels all for quick acceleration. It is a 3 liter remember. Torque winz races, not power. Anyway ill let the thread know how it all works out.

Absolutely love this car, saw it years ago in a HPI mag.

Didn't know you were on here.

One of the main inspirations for me to buy my R33 GTST.

Keep up the good work and keep the pics and vids coming!

thanks mate! i appreciate it.

got sent a photo today from mercury of the gtx42r put on and piped up, its close to turning key. the head will be awhile so a standard 26 head is in for the time being hill my more serious head is back.

post-19157-0-52962100-1322224114_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday after I posed the last post I took the car for a short drive with the 500kw. After giving it a solid 1st and 2nd hit the 1st injector did an o ring. The mechanics came road side to fix it and also discovered the fuel rail was leaking too. Today they put a hypertune fuel rail in and had it back on the dyno.

Boost up to 35psi and it made 740hp. 550kw. With standard head still. Looking forward to the race head with this boost.

Seems to be alot of boost for that power. What RPM does it hit 33psi?

Im having a HKS T51R KAI installed in the next week or so on my 3L and last night we saw 500awkw at 23psi on my mates GTR.

Ok well my other mates 25/30 GTK 1000 makes 560rwkw at 28psi with a stock head and poncams.

33psi you should be making at least 550rwkw. Is it a small A/R turbo? Small exhaust?

Seeing as its a GTX42 you should into the 500s quite easily thats all.