SAU Community

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Chris - Basically do the good old screw driver test on the sill. You'll see if and where its buggered pretty quickly. I found that mine had rusted through a couple of panels near the dog leg. I dont know if its common for them to rust out around the wheel arch. Mine looked like it had been dodegied up in japan.

Just be prepared - once you start digging you might find shit you dont want to deal with!

This car is in Holsworthy? and i didnt know?

Mine is one suburb away. If you need some ideas for what to do next lol

Also if you change your mind about pulling the engine i can help you do turbos in the car, its not too bad a job just takes a while.

Cheers Jeff! Would be sweet to catch up at any rate! The engine is definately coming out - I just seem to keep having set backs... My mechanic's father just passed so this week is out, and most likely next week as well... The gearbox is getting a freshening up...

Whats done to yours?

Quick update:

Due to the amount of driving I do I wanted a slightly more comfortable pew to park my fat ass on. I bought a pair of 32 gtst front seats and through the drivers in. Well, I am honetly uncertain if it is very comfortable - its hugely high compared to the gtr one. I think I'll be switching back to the gtr one soon.

Engine out update - 11th october. Box and engine will be out and the upgrade done. box is going to get a freshen up to. Will post pics and mabe a diy for pulling the engine and box.

I have been looking into a couple of options for seats. I would love to go with a VELO seat, but I cannot find a reclinable one (they're ADR approved).

All the other comfy quality seats are not ADR approved - well at least none that I have found. I wouldnt mind some of the OMP seats, but again I run into ADR compliance issues. I dont want to drive around with an illegal seat in the car as it attracts enough attention - and luckily I havent had any issues with the boys in blue since owning the car.

I had a commodore for a daily before and it bored the living crap out of me... I am willing to pay for a great pew to park myself on, just have been caught so far... I could be like you and buy a twin turbo supra to cruise around in :(

I'll find one soon I hope... I will enjoy it more once the engine is complete :)