SAU Community

R34 Boost Gauge Is Not Working

R34L

before anyone comments, i have already read the other topics on this, but my problem seems to be different.

to start off with, the gauge used to work intermittently, like every 5 or so mins, but now it just isnt working. When i turn the key to 'on' the other two gauges go to the correct readings, but there is no movement in the boost one. i ran a multimeter across it, and it reads 15mV. when the car engine is on, again, no movement. before when it was working, when the car idled, it was in the negative side of the scale.

i've looked at the hose which goes to the boost sensor box, but it looks intact. people on here have mentioned opening the boost sensor box and resoldering the pins, however, i dont see how the boost sensor box opens.. it appears to just be a single piece of plastic.

not really sure what else to try, please phrase any suggestions in really simple terms as this is my first turbo car, and i'm still not 100% sure what i'm doing.

thanks guys

umm, you can delete this.. turns out it is the same problem as the other threads, just i was trying to open the boost sensor box, where as i was meant to be opening the other boost box near the right suspension.. its all working now.