SAU Community

Buying 1st Skyline Interstate?

hi all,

(first post-ever!)i am looking to buy my first skyline. its a R32 with g reddy front mount, 2 way lsd, triple plate button clutch and a reconditioned rb20 and with 129K on the clock.

i know that it would have been flogged but i just want some input on it. what do people think of the mods done to it, anything i should be looking out for, is it stupid to be buying interstate not knowing much about these cars? etc

i am going to pay for a mechanic to go and check it out and was thinking of emailing some of the posts other people have put up about what to look out for but i thought it owuld be good to put it out there for the experts.

any help would be great

Cheers

For which state.. And to Melbourne?

Only thing i don't like buying from interstate is difference in laws.. May have to end up modifying things to get roadworthy in your state..

I would look at geting a RWC from the buyer regardless anyways.. As if bushes, etc are worn out then i would get the owner to replace before i purchased.. if not at least you should be able to get an indication on how worn out parts are and potential $$$... RWC should also let you know if shit is leaking etc...

Then you'll be required to get a RWC in your state also

hey 34

ill be purchasing from QLD to bring to melb.

from looking at the car and emailing the owner it doesnt sound like there should be too much for compliance. not too sure on how triple plate clutches go here though? pretty sure a mate a while ago was telling me his was illegal?

owner said he would get a roadworthy, and ill pay for an independent inspection, but does that mean i have to get anotha roady here in vic to register? is it worth just getting the owner to pay for the inspection and not worry about a roadworthy if i have to get one here...

When transferring interstate it needs an inspection in that state.

Triple plate clutches arent illegal but if you don't have bigger cylinders and/or a booster, it'll be very very difficult to drive and isnt likely to pass inspection.

If you haven't had experience with such clutches before you'll definitely find it difficult at first, but doesn't take too long to get used.

No offence, but why on earth would you buy one from Queensland when there are already stacks of them in Victoria?? Unless it's about $3K cheaper than anything you can find locally, don't bother.

Make sure the rear parcel shelf hasn't been cut to accomodate bigger speakers and child anchorage is still there.... a mate of mine got done for that and cost him around 6k to get it fix. Like IronCheif said, there are heaps of R32 here and personally I wouldn't buy a car unless I get to inspect it in the flesh and drive it.