SAU Community

Hidden Compartment?

radar detectors +++++++1billon lol have always had them, been caught once with one in SA the patrol car had a radar detect detector and it worked and i got a $250 fine no points i was suprized.

guess what i did when i went back home jumped online and bought a new model with VG2 undetectatable, tested it on same patrol car a few weeks later and not a problem. been fine ever since.

there about $400 to buy, not sure what the fines are over here in vic. i hardly use mine anymore only doing long trips back to the country.

if i ever got pulled over use to shove it down my undies lol

BUT! when i got caught by the patrol car with the detector detector, he showed me the rights he had to search the car and then if not found take me into the station for a strip search. i asked him you sure you want it? then pulled it out my pants haha.

No offence, but posting up everything you do on a public forum isn't the wisest thing to do....Especially you are doing something illegal and admitting to it :devil:

hey guys, havn't got my pride and joy yet but should do in a couple of weeks and will no doubt be joining you in our lovely late night get togethers with the fuzz. as to what they can do, they certainly can go through your car based on suspision, but that suspision must be validated; eg. you were stopped talking to someone on the street and exchanged goods, you were swerving all over the place or driving erratically, you have a history of drug or alcohol abuse in relation to you driving, etc, etc. they CANNOT simply say that they are checking on a suspision without something to base that on, if they do so without your permission (make it clear they don't have it) anything they find is inadmissable in court. they are also required to provide you with their badge number, rank and name if asked so make sure you get that and make a complaint, they'll be in the shit if they've not followed protocol, maybe next time they'll think twice before randomly giving us the shits because they have a job about as interesting weet bix.

hence the reasoning behind my thoughts.. i would be askig the officer what suspicion he has upon searching the car.. prob say tht its a known drug runner car.. or something along those lines..

if they are different police, there has to be a reason for them to search

^^^ so do you think Craig that there's a big variance between copper #1 to copper #2?

...which is also dependent on the variance in attitude between driver #1 to driver #2?

Is there also quite a variance between how laws are interpreted?

I suspect that all the variables above can influence how coppers react.

I'd also feel more susceptible to having my car searched if I was a young middle-eastern looking guy than an old asian...

...even if I was riding my scooter.

Everyone is at risk of stereotyping I guess... sigh...

A copper is a copper to me LOL.. i don't like them.. but only because of issues i've had with them.. (not car related)... But i don't think all coppers can be bad.. Alot of them are there for a job only.. Emotions will have to play a part at some stage.. Its human.. I'm not rude to them as that is stupid and does bring trouble.. And all the ones i meet are only doing their job..

Saying that though.. Unless he is rude to them or causing hassle.. I see no reason why different police would be pulling him over and doing a search... So you're saying that i should be hiring an old asian to do my drug running?

So you're saying that i should be hiring an old asian to do my drug running?

Nup. French. LOL. They always get away with it > hiding powder in the running boards > even made a film about eh?

When customs see us asians at the border, they've already got us lined up for bringing in food and not declaring it - LOL

So any white powder amongst that lot would have to be spotted hahaaa.

• 2 weeks later...

He must be a goober to have not sorted things out with the cops by now. I don't feel sorry for you if still haven't sussed it out with them yet

this thread is LOL!!!

I can't wait for the thread about his airbag deploying for no reason when he tries to remove it from the dash on passenger side :( I'm still wondering why he needs a compartment to hide something so the cops don't find it. Radar detectors need line of sight to work (unless you have the hard mounted boot install jobies) so secret compartment aint gonna do jack. Get your sh1t sorted with the cops if they pull you over every month for "no reason".

Got searched today AGAIN on cowpasture rd .... fkn cops stained my leather seats and left my car in the biggest mother fkn mess

.... this needs to end!!

Hey Eddy,

Is that Wetherill cops that keeping pulling you over?

Can i ask, is your R34 very low or very loud?

Can they defect you for anything ?

I understand your point as i used to get hassled all the time by Wetherill and Green Valley cops but only because i was always in Race Meeting places and my cars were stupidly low or loud.

Since then i barely get looked at and i have had an R32, 350Z, EVO 8, RX8 all with mods (exhaust, wheels...) but they are never too low and never too loud when cruising and i dont go to race meets anymore.

but in regard to others who state that they need a good reason to search your car that is true but very easily made up.

i got pulled over many years ago and i asked why they needed to search my car and the cop said that they suspected we were hiding something as we all were acting suspiciously and they thought they saw my mate in the back stick something down the back of the seat.

None of this was true as they just wanted to hassle us and see if we were hiding something.

Rob

Im Pretty sure, that if your getting pulled over for that amount of times, for this apparent "no reason at all", you can get them on hassrassment, which could lead to more drama but maybe you should just get it sorted, theres a problem there somewhere,, taking airbags out isnt the best idea ive heard of, im sure you would feel gulity as, if you were to crash or something and the airbag trhat was there would have saved your mates life... not saying your going to crash, but whos to say the other idiot on the road isnt drunk or something..just a thought!