SAU Community

Where Do I Tap My Profec2 On Rb26 ?

My mechanic is not sure where to tap the vacuum of my Boost controller because the closer lines to the turbo are in metal and he don't want to cut these. He said it's better to have them the closer you can from the turbos.

Any thought??

Would this Tutorial for RB20DET work the same for the RB26 ??

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-tech/t-how...ighlight=profec

Also,

My mechanic is not sure where to tap the vacuum of my Boost controller because the closer lines to the turbo are in metal and he don't want to cut these. He said it's better to have them the closer you can from the turbos.

Any thought??

Would this Tutorial for RB20DET work the same for the RB26 ??

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-tech/t-how...ighlight=profec

Also,

I broke my valve unit harness on my profec2 and I can't find which wire goes where.

So, If you take the back of the unit in front of you. you will find the power harness and the vacuum to your left. Which wire is on the extreme right? white or green ?

Thanks a lot!!!

HIJACK!

I have realised that my bnr32 doesnt have the solenoid! Its been taken out and the two lines to it plugged up... Could definately be a reason it feels down on power - but my question is should I buy an original solenoid and put it in or just replace the original unit with a profec B???

u sure u dont have a boost tap of some sort controlling boost pressure?

sometimes there hidden or cable tied somewhere hard to see, have abit of a look around, especialy on the turbo side...

Edited by SiR_RB

HIJACK!

I have realised that my bnr32 doesnt have the solenoid! Its been taken out and the two lines to it plugged up... Could definately be a reason it feels down on power - but my question is should I buy an original solenoid and put it in or just replace the original unit with a profec B???

wellyou allready have the profec B, so you may aswell put that in now and just get the boost set to what you want it on now.then you can just turn it up latter when your ready,unless of course you want to buy a stock one,

So, i have to tap METAL LINES? there's no way to by-pass this!?

yeah you can just run all new boost lines. from the nipple on the plenum to the solenoid and then to a tee peice, from the tee to the 2 wastgate actuators,,, all new, you could take the other pipes off alltogether if you wanted. Oh and dont forget to block off the hose coming from the air connector- the dark blue pipe/hose on the diagram.

Edited by tuk32R

yeah you can just run all new boost lines. from the nipple on the plenum to the solenoid and then to a tee peice, from the tee to the 2 wastgate actuators,,, all new, you could take the other pipes off alltogether if you wanted. Oh and dont forget to block off the hose coming from the air connector- the dark blue pipe/hose on the diagram.

OK thanks for the info. I will be checking this saturday.

why do need to block of the blue hose in the diagram between the two wastegates ? mines still connected and seems to run/idle/boost perfectly !

If the blue line isnt blocked off you will have an air/vacume leak cause that joins to the inlet pipe from the airflow meter.So if im correct it will be sucking in unmetered air ,does that make sense?

the blue hose that goes into the inlet pipe between the 2 wastgates ? follow that around and it goes to the old boost control solenoid....thats not in use anymore so can it still get a pressure leak?

if thats the case il block it, got no probs with the car at all but might aswell do it lol

Edited by SiR_RB

the blue hose that goes into the inlet pipe between the 2 wastgates ? follow that around and it goes to the old boost control solenoid....thats not in use anymore so can it still get a pressure leak?

if thats the case il block it, got no probs with the car at all but might aswell do it lol

Im not sure it can leak if still conected to the stock solenoid,if your cars runs fine it mustn"t leak, but it cant hurt to block it off..up to u i guess :D