SAU Community

Needing Some Help With Dyno Places

Isola

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know of any places in Brisbane that do 4WD dynos and don't want testicles as payment? I want to get an at the wheels measurement of the power from my GTS4 so I know what I'm working with/towards for upgrades. I see a couple of places charging by the hour, but would it really take an hour to just to measure the power?

I would prefer Brisbane, but don't mind an hour or so drive if it saves me enough money. They don't even have to be an "import" garage, even just anyone who does custom fourbies that has a dyno. I don't need any tuning or anything like that done, just a simple power check.

Drop the drive shafts man and just get any normal dyno tuning house to do it. 4wd dyno's are an absolute rip. The read outs are the same as well. Confirmed this a couple of months ago when brandon got a dyno done. So fk 4wd dynos breh and save some money :)

No Idea on how much any of these charge, but these places all apparently have 4wd dynos. What you want is a "Power Run".

Advanced Performance Centre

2928 Logan Road, Underwood

Phone: (07) 3341 7223

Email: [email protected]

Bob Romano Performance Motors

387 Lytton Road, Morningside

Phone: (07) 3395 8255

101 Motorsport

Unit 1 / 10 Judds Court, Slacks Creek

Phone: (07) 3209 5855

999 Automotive

Unit 3 / 806 Beaudesert Road, Coopers Plains

Phone: (07) 3272 9992

Performance Injection Tuning Services

Unit 10 / 42 Export Drive

Molendinar QLD 4214

Australia

Phone : 0411 34 00 33

Matt Spry

+1

Matt Spry is probably the best tuner in brisbane, dont mess him around though make sure your car is 100% ready to run

im pretty sure power runs dont cost the same as tuning man i know that 999 charges around 50-80 i think for a power run, im sure it wont be much more than that at other places

Excellent, thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I wasn't aware that a rear wheel reading would be the same as an all wheels reading so that's a big help :ninja:

I thought over $100 and being charged by the hour seemed excessive. Now I know to ask for a power run. I have lots of phone calls to make now.

Thanks again for all your help everyone. Mods I have copied all these suggestions out, so you may feel free to close this thread if you need to.

+1

Matt Spry is probably the best tuner in brisbane, dont mess him around though make sure your car is 100% ready to run

The PAYING customer can do what he likes :ninja:

Godzilla would be another recommendation.. in Tingalpa too.. he's now a sponsor on here so i would send him a PM and see what he says.. he installed and tuned my PFC originally so i also highly recommend him.. great bloke ... and you get to check out that sexxx of a 32GTR he's got...

oh, just a power run?

list your mods we can probably guess roughly what your pushing

Your guess is as good as mine on that one. This car keeps throwing out little treats every time the guys and I work on it. I was told it was completely stock, but that was BS. The latest puzzlement is the turbo, we have no idea what that is.

That's kind of why I want to run it and see what it puts out, to see just how unstock it is without pulling it apart.

Your guess is as good as mine on that one. This car keeps throwing out little treats every time the guys and I work on it. I was told it was completely stock, but that was BS. The latest puzzlement is the turbo, we have no idea what that is.

That's kind of why I want to run it and see what it puts out, to see just how unstock it is without pulling it apart.

if you take off the heat shield can you see the id tag? that would tell all

probs would make 170-180kw. what your aim?

bang for buck

- gtr inj

- fuel pump

- rb25 turbo

- dump / front

- intercooler

- nistune chipped ecu

stock ecu is limited around 200kw.

Edited by 32_Dave

yo

from what ive read over time im going to lock in an educated guess

i say 140-150kw as is (i havnt had a good look at your car in ages bro)

-exhaust

-pod

-fmic??

and then 170-185kw once all "bolt ons" are fitted and shes been tuned

-full 3" zorst

-pod

-fmic

-fuel pump

-rb25tubz

-dr drift (or ROM) ecu/nistune/emanage/adaptronic/etc

-ebc to 12-14psi

-gtr injectors