SAU Community

Needing Some Help With Dyno Places

Isola

Yeah, pretty much know what I'm aiming for parts wise thanks guys. The bigger question is what's in it already? So much "stock" stuff that's modified, that I may not need injectors/turbo etc because they might already be in there. For all I know, at the moment I'm only being limited by my AFM and tune! (one can dream anyway)

3" inch front/dump is on the list though to bring the whole exhaust up to size

Edited by Isola

Yeah, pretty much know what I'm aiming for parts wise thanks guys. The bigger question is what's in it already? So much "stock" stuff that's modified, that I may not need injectors/turbo etc because they might already be in there. For all I know, at the moment I'm only being limited by my AFM and tune! (one can dream anyway)

full 3" will be hot

and yeh you're right, your ecu could already be ROMed from jap for 1bar/fmic/zorst or similar

keen to see what it makes :P

full 3" will be hot

and yeh you're right, your ecu could already be ROMed from jap for 1bar/fmic/zorst or similar

keen to see what it makes :P

Trouble with thast is it is probably also tuned to run on 101 octane or higher, not the shite they serve us up here.

Just wait for some dyno day and jump in for a power run. Only cost like 50bucks for them instead of hiring a dyno (setup + run just for 1 car would be close to 1hr I would imagine, around 150/hr for 4wd dyno). And since 32 is just a fuse away from awd to rwd, I wouldnt be paying extra for awd at all.

Checking the turbo might be hard depending on how accessible they are but injectors should be easy. You can normally tell by the colour of them and jump on Nengun to check what size they are.

Andy: that 10kW is pretty subjective because temperature plays a bit part in dyno and every car is different (not really comparing apples with apples). Unless you got 2 dynos side by side and do the same car on the same day, the claim of gtr's awd power is higher than rwd mode power is quite hard to answer (due to attessa system).

Just for everyone's information, my car was tuned at Gavin Woods' using 4WD dyno and had 340awhp (end of august). But during the dyno day at EFI which was 2wd dyno, it only managed 330rwhp (21st november).

Andy: that 10kW is pretty subjective because temperature plays a bit part in dyno and every car is different (not really comparing apples with apples). Unless you got 2 dynos side by side and do the same car on the same day, the claim of gtr's awd power is higher than rwd mode power is quite hard to answer (due to attessa system).

I was talking about back to back runs on the same dyno with awd engaged vs disengaged, a friend of mine did it in Sydney and results were 10 to 15kw higher for rwd, which makes perfect sense as the AWD would rob some power.

depending where you go if you go toa place with dynopacks with the hubs it might be slightly more cause they have to take your wheels off but like sme places e.g. 999 i know that they have the dynodynamic (or what ever you call it) they have the rollers for all four wheels and i dont see how i would cost heaps more to just extend their ramps like 30cm or what ever so that your front wheels will sit on the rollers, its designed for that.

But im pretty sure power runs at 999 around 50-80 still even if its not a dyno day. but if you really want to find out why dot you just call them upand see how much a power run will cost ya.

I was talking about back to back runs on the same dyno with awd engaged vs disengaged, a friend of mine did it in Sydney and results were 10 to 15kw higher for rwd, which makes perfect sense as the AWD would rob some power.

Ok thats the first I've heard of and now I believe you. =P

I know it make sense but I've never actually know anyone that's done that before (running same car on same dyno on awd and rwd mode). Now you make me wonder how does the other awd car fair on the same test since they're dont have the same awd system (e.g. evo, wrx etc). But then again, loss gonna be different for all anyway so no point in trying to dig the facts out.

Ok thats the first I've heard of and now I believe you. =P

I know it make sense but I've never actually know anyone that's done that before (running same car on same dyno on awd and rwd mode). Now you make me wonder how does the other awd car fair on the same test since they're dont have the same awd system (e.g. evo, wrx etc). But then again, loss gonna be different for all anyway so no point in trying to dig the facts out.

im not 100% sure how all the awd systems works but the gearbox to the front drive shaft would still be attached to the front diff and still be turning it wouldnt it? just because you take out a fuse does it mean that the front diff disconnects or something?? to get a true reading of power at the rears wouldnt you need to take out the drive shaft to the front??

im not 100% sure how all the awd systems works but the gearbox to the front drive shaft would still be attached to the front diff and still be turning it wouldnt it? just because you take out a fuse does it mean that the front diff disconnects or something?? to get a true reading of power at the rears wouldnt you need to take out the drive shaft to the front??

Only the R33 and the R34 have a preload to the front in a r32 you can just pull the fuse and run true rwd with out hurting the Attessa clutch packs.

keen to see what it makes :D

me too, because it's been running 12psi this whole time and we never knew. Now it's set up for 12/14 on the MBC. 14 seemed safe as we don't know what the turbo is.

Only the R33 and the R34 have a preload to the front in a r32 you can just pull the fuse and run true rwd with out hurting the Attessa clutch packs.

ahhhh trueeee. ok gotcha :D

me too, because it's been running 12psi this whole time and we never knew. Now it's set up for 12/14 on the MBC. 14 seemed safe as we don't know what the turbo is.

Stop being a slack ass jew and take the heat shield off the f**ker!!!