SAU Community

Rb26dett Modifying Engine Sump + Other Q's

HUSTLA

Hey people, just need some anwsers, ive done a search and didnt find what i was after..

RWD rb26

Can you use a rb30e engine sump on the rb26 engine ? im aware it will foul on the rb26 oil pick up, can i either modify this? or use a rb25 or rb30 oil pick up ? ( i have a spare sump+pickup etc )

Will the sump hold enough oil? motor will be fairly standard, full exhaust, 28/60 turbos, extra boost .

Thanks in advance

Hey people, just need some anwsers, ive done a search and didnt find what i was after..

RWD rb26

Can you use a rb30e engine sump on the rb26 engine ? im aware it will foul on the rb26 oil pick up, can i either modify this? or use a rb25 or rb30 oil pick up ? ( i have a spare sump+pickup etc )

Will the sump hold enough oil? motor will be fairly standard, full exhaust, 28/60 turbos, extra boost .

Thanks in advance

What oil pump will you be using?...id say use a modded GTR sump would be the best bet...RB30 single cam sumps were designed for lower reving engines that required a lot less oil per cycle needed to effectively lubricate the single cam head. At high revs it may struggle...you only will need for it to not be up to the task once for you to question why you didn't do it properly from the outset.