SAU Community

Rb20 Anyone Know How Much Power They Can Handle

215.67kw.

you will blow the intake manifold at 215.68kw so be very careful.

also if you add a flux capacitor to the setup you should be able to pull out another 20kw due to the vacuum effect which will warp time space.

lol ok then ill try and get 205kw when i got for a tune.

yeh better to be safe.

I learned the hard way when i raced for pink slip's and fried the piston rings but it was ok cause i almost had him.

then i built a 10 second "2jz no shit" powered supra to race Ferrari's.

know i have the money and most importantly the respect!

it ain't easy but i think you can do it to.

Does the VL fitted with a obligatory dose pipe when 'cruising' as shown on the picture? (yes, I'm bored)

As for power the good 'ol 20 can handle - it's relative you could have as many killerwasps you want but how long it'll last for, that is the question.

As for power - 260rwkw would seem fairly reliable @ around 20psi from such a turbo that will make 260.

Provided the tuner has a clue then I would say that is a good rule of thumb

Who knows, a guy ran a 3040 on his std Rb20 with cams in Sydney makign 280rwkws until his car had an acco. I have run 260rwkws for about 6 years and 45,000kms on a std motor (TD06-20G) Though the past two years it has not seen many kms, but still, call it 4 years and 40,000kms on a motor i got from a wrecker. And that includes plenty of track days, some drift days, some drag runs where it ran 12.9... and two Dutton Rallys. So to me that qualifies as reliable :ermm:

Who knows, a guy ran a 3040 on his std Rb20 with cams in Sydney makign 280rwkws until his car had an acco. I have run 260rwkws for about 6 years and 45,000kms on a std motor (TD06-20G) Though the past two years it has not seen many kms, but still, call it 4 years and 40,000kms on a motor i got from a wrecker. And that includes plenty of track days, some drift days, some drag runs where it ran 12.9... and two Dutton Rallys. So to me that qualifies as reliable :ermm:

Adam here is Perth ran close to 300rwkw for about 2 years before stretching the head studs :D

I'm hoping for at least 260rwkw and wanting more like 280rwkw, lets see how long that lasts...

I'm making 208.5 awkw nice n safe on stock RB20 with an HKS 2530 strapped to it. upgraded injectors, fuel reg and fuel pump, but that's all external stuffs. It was daily driven up until last year and the setup has lasted just fine for the last 5 years.