SAU Community

Looking For Someone Who Is Confident With Tuning Ecu's

i have a rb20det swapped s13. the setup i am needing a tune for is:

hks2535 turbo

z32 afm

sard 550cc injectors

walbro 255lph fuel pump

i will also be running 93 octane

the car starts and runs terribly rich i also have a apexi safc neo for minor corrections.

here in the states (buffalo, New york) i am having a hard time finding someone who can tune an ecu by mailorder. there is one tuning shop by me that specializes in dsm and subaru, but i would like them to be my last resort as they will have to do some costly dyno tuning in a car they dont really know.

i would like to get a good first time tune that will not require me to be sending the ecu back and forth to austrailia more than one round trip.

let me know thanks,

ken

There are a couple of guys on here that do it i think, but how confident are you at live-tuning your own car? Because you could send it over here for the initial tune, but if something happens then you will need to send it over again and i imagine it would make it very hard to sort out because the tuner wouldn't actually have your car. So if you can live-tune it yourself then that might save some hassles.

But i think Status Tuning do it, you could look them up. Or have a look in the national for sale section, i remember seeing something in there about it :ermm:

i have a rb20det swapped s13. the setup i am needing a tune for is:

hks2535 turbo

z32 afm

sard 550cc injectors

walbro 255lph fuel pump

i will also be running 93 octane

the car starts and runs terribly rich i also have a apexi safc neo for minor corrections.

here in the states (buffalo, New york) i am having a hard time finding someone who can tune an ecu by mailorder. there is one tuning shop by me that specializes in dsm and subaru, but i would like them to be my last resort as they will have to do some costly dyno tuning in a car they dont really know.

i would like to get a good first time tune that will not require me to be sending the ecu back and forth to austrailia more than one round trip.

let me know thanks,

ken

If you get something like Nistune installed, there's a fella on here called Toshi who does a really good job.

Can be done via Email. He will send you the files and you upload them to your ECU and bingo. There will be a bit of back and forth and some road testing but it's a damn site faster than snail mail.

Is 93 the highest octane fuel available there?

alternatively, depending on what equipment you have, shoot guilt toy a message, he's tuned ecu's over the internet in the past. it might not be possible in your instance, but you dont know until you try.