SAU Community

Nissan S14 And 240sx

No, they don't. Though swap is easy enough. 240s had the KA24DE engines. Originally in the s13 line it was because the Naturally aspirated KA was virtually on par with CA18, and since premium petrol was not very common, Nissan worried that detonation would have been a real issue in California and Florida, two of their main target demographics. That and part interchangability made it a decision to develop the KA... which of course by the time SR20 came out and s14s, it was too late to go back.

Silly yanks, always preferred luxury and no fuel economy over FI.

Should be the same.

JDM / ADM = SR20DET

USDM = KA24DE

Yup, no 240sx came out with a turbocharged engine, no SRs, CA18s, or anything else besides the KA series. Bringing in SR20s to swap in was probably the snowball that propelled the american tuner scene (yuck, can't even say that). 240s didn't see the s15 chassis either.

Yup, no 240sx came out with a turbocharged engine, no SRs, CA18s, or anything else besides the KA series. Bringing in SR20s to swap in was probably the snowball that propelled the american tuner scene (yuck, can't even say that). 240s didn't see the s15 chassis either.

That plus how hard it is to get skylines over there makes me glad i live here i feel some of the cars we don't get sucks then thank god i don't live in america

That plus how hard it is to get skylines over there makes me glad i live here i feel some of the cars we don't get sucks then thank god i don't live in america

Ya i dunno. the FDs, and Supra mrk IVs were all here, but just never had a big marketing push or support scene. It was always Mustangs and 'vettes. Disgusting really..

That said, i'm glad in Canada we atleast have the 15 year rule, so skylines, silvias etc have been pretty steady for 5-6 years now. In some ways it worked against us though too.

Population of young aspiring tuners and road warriors suddenly having access to affordable turbocharged vehicles (modded I might add) = lots of problems on the roads and accidents... getting the attention of lot of government regulatory offices.

Ya i dunno. the FDs, and Supra mrk IVs were all here, but just never had a big marketing push or support scene. It was always Mustangs and 'vettes. Disgusting really..

That said, i'm glad in Canada we atleast have the 15 year rule, so skylines, silvias etc have been pretty steady for 5-6 years now. In some ways it worked against us though too.

Population of young aspiring tuners and road warriors suddenly having access to affordable turbocharged vehicles (modded I might add) = lots of problems on the roads and accidents... getting the attention of lot of government regulatory offices.

True that does suck kind of like the issues we are having over here where every import driver is an ultimate hoon in the eyes of media/public/police. Makes owning these cars harder and harder as a everyday driver which is really unfortunate.