SAU Community

Dude - I'm on my P's and it's just not worth it.

Save yourself the money, and put yourself through Uni.

*Then - Then you can get a job that will buy you a GT-R.

Edited by curlyjimbo

Dude - I'm on my P's and it's just not worth it.

Save yourself the money, and put yourself through Uni.

*Then - Then you can get a job that will buy you a GT-R.

ok for one this is for everyone it is costing me f**k all considering im doin pritty much all the work my self

im nearly a qualied mechanic and make enough to do this and pay off a house.

like i said idk care this post is just for people who wanna learn somthing about there n/a

20 thou grind? off what block? head? do you even know how much it could reduce the combustion chamber? or the compression? or the deck height? do you know you may even need to slightly open up the combustion chamber to a full circle to minimise artificle pinging and detonation

i am a p plater myself and yeah the rules suck. but it makes me just that little bit more excited that in november i can put my rb30de in, i have done 2 years of researching every part and i have done all the machine work so far and i am at an estimated 9k in just parts gaskets bearings cams supporting mods etc, and they are all at trade prices, and there is still plenty more parts to get gearbox breaks diff suspension etc

i have spoken to engineers, police, rta, nrma trying to workout p plate legal mods, from what i gathered in short anything you do that wasnt a factory option needs to be engineered, engineered certified cars are not p plate legal, 7 points and loss of license isnt worth it, you may be lucky and get a highway patrol with no idea but the odd chance you do will only make it an even longer time until you can drive it legally

well it takes me 3 hours to take the motor out and the rest its really not that hard f**k paying somone to do somthing so easy and the really depend how good the guy is at tuning
im doin pritty much all the work my self

LOL! Sorry man but you have no idea what you're doing...

"the rest is not that hard" yeahhhh right, go slapping an RB30 block under a RB25 head and see where your pig of a low comp ratio gets you.

I give the motor 5000kms before it shits itself. I doubt you'll get through the tuning. I don't think you realise how complex rebuilding an engine is and how involved tuning is mate.

Why won't young p palters listen to more experienced folks!??

hahah wat ever yous think idk i looked at your profiles nothing geeks who arfaid to get there hands dirty hahaha losers

Lol because everyone here details their whole lives in their profile? Sorry mate, i imagine most of us are too busy actually doing things rather than sitting on a forum dreaming. Good stuff though, keep it up, definitely keeps me entertained.

By the way, where do you work that pays you enough as an apprentice mechanic to spend that much money on a car as well as pay off a house? I call bullshit, you work at EBGames or Motoquip don't you? Unless you're talking about paying off the electricity bill at your mammas house?

have a cry

Lol i also don't think you can grasp the immenseness of the fuck we do not give. Go ahead mate, do exactly what you say you are going to do, you know everything anyway so it is obviously going to work.

Pity this thread is going to get closed soon, i'd love to see how very little you achieve.

Edited by Hanaldo

hahah wat ever yous think idk i looked at your profiles nothing geeks who arfaid to get there hands dirty hahaha losers

hey man i work as a nissan interp and can tell you the heads of the DE an DET are different. Better look into it more because the DET head uses same parts but spings and a few other bits looks the same but made stronger and have different partNo.

If you do want to do these mods i can tell you its a mess to mod internaly on a rb25 because it took me just over a year too do it all.

It took me 8 months to source 20thou pistons from Nissan japan but it was worth it. Also recomend getting rid of the rear wheel drive and changing to GTS-4 even though its heavier , on a track about ...... a million times better than what the GTS does.

The intake alone will cost you about $4000 + because you cant just dump large amounts of fuel into a engine with stock air intake, not even a stock twin throttle body off a GTR with be a good enough upgrade you going to have to get individual throttle bodies built onto a custom intake manifold all running all of map sensors which will cost $2000 including tune and ecu..........so before your even at the engine i can see it costing $6000 jus because you need custom shit.

Pistons from japan, 20 thou are $3600 (but i brough the last set in the world nissan had in stock so too bad :( just have to get custom) you can use stock rods and shaft or buy the turbo models forged ones minus the pistons but thats a hefty $4000. The head is easy to get parts for because you can use the RB25DET parts and not have to work about fitting, it will be stuff mean to take a turbo pounding. But yeah its a good $2000 in just the 24 valves set up alone...... Cam shafts and gears aswell and a exhaust system ...... yeah the list goes on with parts but intake will be the most expensive part too do and too see 300Kw at all four your looking at $30,000 of a fine tuned machine.

Also remember about gaskets and shiming and stuff. I doubt you can do this yourself, a engine rebuild shop will have to condition your head and block and shim things so there goes some labour costs....

No offence too you by the way, im not a fourm warrior, hope this give you the general gist of the work involved. I have gone through my car internally and its cost $4300 and i had to stop there and havnt moved anywhere in 14 months..............things are expensive even when you get 50% of parts and do ALL the labour yourself (excluding engine reconditioning). Hope your rich!

i also don't think you can grasp the immenseness of the f**k we do not give. Go ahead mate, do exactly what you say you are going to do, you know everything anyway so it is obviously going to work.

fvcking lol martin! amazing burn!

i remember there was some guy on this site selling his RB25de r34 that he put 10k+ into and it sounded like he pulled alright, apparently it beat "most" dc2rs...but then he could have just brought an a gtt anyway with the money. having said that, this sounds pretty interesting, i remember when i first got my car i wanted to make it a beast of an n/a...

Almost qualified mechanic and raking in the cash?? LOL yea right. We all know what we say isn't going to matter. Go do what you want man. Feel like you have accomplished something. But once your massively built super expensive na rocks up next to a stock standard gtst and getS raped to shit don't cry to us.

Im a 3rd year apprentice mechanic and I'm selling my car to buy a house. So I know full well you're full of shit right there. Even qualified mechanics cant afford this.

My advice?? Keep the car, bomb the suspention and brakes will all aftermarket parts so the thing stops and handles insanely well. I'll guarentee you'll kill 90% of people through the twisties. Then build a crazy RB30DET on the side, boost up the fuel system and other support thats already in the car (cooling ect), and have the engine, ECU, and intercooler ready to drop in the day you get off you're Ps. Thats what I'd do.

Will you take my advice? Of course not. You'll me to shove it up my arse, because I know f**k all, I'm a dickhead, I'm a keyboard warrior, yada yada yada. Like I care! Martin, Cam and I are all on Ps and legally drive turbo cars! Well, I'm off my Ps now and Martins isnt turbo yet, but same same.

Have fun with your lancer :)