SAU Community

Just Got Picked By The Drug Bus

Zurlox

On my way home from in town last night about 10.30pm, the drug bus pulled me up. First time ive been pulled up by the police in my R32 ever!

they did a search all over the car, underneath, under the bonnet etc, got away with a defect on my front tyres only, they were on the indicators.

they seemed very interested in my fuel pressure gauge in the line just before the rail. But what i was glad about was that i had taken the time and effort to cover my pod filter with some ally, one of the first things they asked was "do you have an uncovered pod filter?"

this was a 'fine' saver! and i would recommend it to anyone with a currently uncovered pod.

however they didnt seem to mind about my oil catch can in the battery location which i was freaking out about, (battery now in the boot), didnt mind/notice my missing hicas system with bright red lock bar inplace, or the fact that my door card was gone from the drivers door.

all in all i got away rather cheaply, so just gonna throw my other rims on and ill be all set.

so heed my warning... cover your pod filter, and make your mods as subtle as you can, its well worth it!

Z

Good advice man. First thing I done was covered up the pod on my R33. Got some black perspex and made a small box for it. My car looks stock standard my only issue is my exhaust is a little loud and a little low. I gotta fix that but the exhaust shop reckons my car is too low. Its almost stock height! Its just one part of the exhaust, not even the cannon. Its like where the muffler joins into the exhaust system around the HICAS area.

Toot on.

Its just a police van, got the equipment for doing drug tests, they only do that when there is a suspicion of drugs. I was not tested fortunately (not that i would have been found positive for anything).

oh I see... is it a massive truck thing? I think I've seen that before on the great western highway

But you have bewbs, Shell - of course you have nothing to worry about!

hehe maybe but we also have nice policeman and less nazi laws!! :)

oh I see... is it a massive truck thing? I think I've seen that before on the great western highway

nah it was a small van, but not like the wagons they use to lock people up in.

Its just a police van, got the equipment for doing drug tests, they only do that when there is a suspicion of drugs. I was not tested fortunately (not that i would have been found positive for anything).

You would be suprised what will flag a positive result. Random drug testing is common where I work and I have always been flagged for narcotics :)

You would be suprised what will flag a positive result. Random drug testing is common where I work and I have always been flagged for narcotics :)

Hardly a shock cassman :P

Really ?!? that is very interesting! The system must be flawed to pick up false readings. although that wouldnt surprise me...

The system will never be perfect with the current technology. That's why they would take you to have a blood test if you come up positive :P

In the case of me the test only gives a YES/NO for narcotics without going into weather it was a orange and poppy seed cake I may have ate for lunch, the codine in the tablet I took last night for a headache, the morphine I stole from the local hospital or the opium... and I have no idea what you do with opium :)

i guess its about as accurate as the explosive's residue test they do at airports, even if i walked straight off a military firing range using live rounds, still came up with a negative reading..

i guess its about as accurate as the explosive's residue test they do at airports, even if i walked straight off a military firing range using live rounds, still came up with a negative reading..

yes thats true i went to a indoor shooting range then caught a plane to melbourne and was tested in adelaide.said i had just been shooting in the morning and they said its o.k it does not detect gun powder

yes thats true i went to a indoor shooting range then caught a plane to melbourne and was tested in adelaide.said i had just been shooting in the morning and they said its o.k it does not detect gun powder

That's because it's detecting things such as C4...

On my way home from in town last night about 10.30pm, the drug bus pulled me up. First time ive been pulled up by the police in my R32 ever!

they did a search all over the car, underneath, under the bonnet etc, got away with a defect on my front tyres only, they were on the indicators.

they seemed very interested in my fuel pressure gauge in the line just before the rail. But what i was glad about was that i had taken the time and effort to cover my pod filter with some ally, one of the first things they asked was "do you have an uncovered pod filter?"

this was a 'fine' saver! and i would recommend it to anyone with a currently uncovered pod.

however they didnt seem to mind about my oil catch can in the battery location which i was freaking out about, (battery now in the boot), didnt mind/notice my missing hicas system with bright red lock bar inplace, or the fact that my door card was gone from the drivers door.

all in all i got away rather cheaply, so just gonna throw my other rims on and ill be all set.

so heed my warning... cover your pod filter, and make your mods as subtle as you can, its well worth it!

Z

Aw thats not fair haha, last time I got pulled over in my 180 I got defected for putting my battery in the boot.. silly policeman tried telling me that no car has ever come out with it in the boot so I couldnt have it there. He clearly had no idea what he was on about!! lol

Aw thats not fair haha, last time I got pulled over in my 180 I got defected for putting my battery in the boot.. silly policeman tried telling me that no car has ever come out with it in the boot so I couldnt have it there. He clearly had no idea what he was on about!! lol

Lol, that sucks! mine has been relocated to the boot also, they didnt even check in the boot, and said nothing about the oil catch can in the battery compartment in the engine bay!

FWIW when I did the course to do pink slip rego inspections I remember the Tafe Teacher telling us the the RTA will tell you to go to a different inspection station if that inspector won't pass your tyres, yet the cops will defect you when on the indicators....

That's because it's detecting things such as C4...

Call me crazy but I think maybe they should try and detect gunpowder, it can give off a hell of a bang. Not that testing for explosives is necessary on a domestic flight, theres more people on the rush hour train to the city for god sake.