SAU Community

My Other New Ceffy

No no, on paper, like all JJR products, they're high quality mad shit, but the word around the scene is they last 5'000kms to 10'000kms.

Although on that note, most people tighten the bolts up as hard as they possibly can...probably what burns out the bearings.

I think they're $300something pair aftermarket, or $200 each OEM for front bearings, but don't quote me on saying that.

Still a modification I'd recommend to any Cefiro/Laurel owner for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

So, my dude's next container arrived.

Trust twin pipes still in Japan :(

Body kit that I ordered and still haven't received the bill for, was in the container though....

Did receive:

Trust downpipe

Late model floor mats.

qz5278.jpg

TurboTech Performance V2 Boost Controller arrived (3 weeks later)

mhr0d2.jpg

Would definitely recommend these to anyone and everyone. Holds boost way better than any electronic controller ever will.

Got some spare time today, so I chucked on the Trust downpipe and an unknown brand stainless split dump.

25hg4s6.jpg

There's a sort of decent increase in diameter size.

rckc5z.jpg

Wank factor pic.

2cclzdc.jpg

Sounds pretty much same same, a tad louder. Probably same volume as the RB20 was. Performance is definitely up a bit, boost comes up a bit quicker and smoother, and climbs through mid/high revs quicker as well :)

Skanked up the engine bay a bit last week

2nrpw1e.jpg

Edited by Nic_A31

I dug up one of these brackets that came with one of the numerous RB25 turbo's I've bought over the years.

Stripped it down to bare metal

125rjgp.jpg

I did paint it black, but, those photo's didn't turn up on my SD card for some reason.

A bit of this stuff

348sht1.jpg

I cut the base plate off another bracket, and used that with some threaded rod, nuts and washers to tighten it down, to create:

k0ngnq.jpg

Boost controller is sitll in plain sight, which I suppose isn't the aim of the game, but it's easy to get to, and that shit's bolted down proper.

sgl43k.jpg

What do y'all think?

Edited by Nic_A31

i think that WA cops are way too laid back if you can just mount a boost controller right in their own face, other then that looks nice and neat :)

It's not that cops are laid back, it's just that, if I ever am asked to "pop the hood", there's 11 billion very valid reasons for them to start writing up a yellow sticker, starting with "RB20E...RB25DET, not same same - get that shit rego'd"

If I'm going down, I'm going down hard. The plan is to create a list soo big, that the dude at the pits will be like "look, this is f**king crazy, there aren't enough hours in the day for me to check all of this just, fix all the illegal shit and come back"

Edited by Nic_A31

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored last night, so decided to put that FMIC on one way or another.

This is the kind of mess I make...

353ciyo.jpg

Intake side was alright, the exhaust side was a bit of a bitch.

I'll cut that piping down when I got some spare time at work next, make it all fit a bit neater.

Eventually got it all in there and running.

Test drive was as per below picture.

ka5nkj.jpg

Didn't have to cut the reinforcement bar at all.

Did have to chop the fan blades down a bit, and the bumper at the bottom.

zbkme.jpg

Pipework is a bit wonky, but does the job.

20l05sw.jpg

Sadly not noticing as much performance gain as I was expecting, but I guess now I'm at the stage where it needs a tune.

Front lip has come off.

Bumper still a bit bent to get it on over the cooler, so it doesn't sit right.

That, and, I've smashed it on my driveway and on a box kerb when I was parking up at the shops, so it's starting to look a little shitty.

That'll be getting plastic welded sooner or later and it'll go back on when I get the front bar, guard, and kit sprayed.

So, stay tuned for a big cosmetic update.

Edited by Nic_A31

Yeah, I didnt notice much of a difference when I did my front mount on my first cefiro either, think it was the added pipework made it feel a bit laggy, you'll notice a difference when your cracking gate for extended periods id expect, and as you said , better with a tune too.

Good effort getting it behind the front bar, and major props to working on gravel! Not bad :)

Cheers man :)

Snapped this pic this arvo.

30cyh6s.jpg

When I mounted it first time, it was a bit off centre. Mainly to get the pipework to line up hassle free.

I fiddled some more this afternoon and put it back on centre (well, it's still out by like 10mm or something)

59od2.jpg

Cut out the bottom row of 'vertical bits' to clear the pipework a bit better, and also cleaned up the plastics a bit.

Got quoted this afternoon to get all the panel+paint work done.

Dropping car off either this weekend or early next week to get following:

Front bar resprayed

Front lip hopefully fixable (depends what bumper repair guy/plastic welder says)

Front Right guard resprayed

Stage 21 Side Skirts

Stage 21 Rear Bar

Rear Right door (dent removal, respray)

Front Right door (respray, rust removal)

• 2 weeks later...

Got the car back today.

Excuse lack of weathershield on front right door, note the straight panels and fresh paint.

2iizcao.jpg

The rest of the car badly needs a buff+polish to match the freshly painted stuff, but it is all the same color now.

w9bjih.jpg

Kit still needs some work to make it sit right on the skirts and rear bar.

29yl7wy.jpg

35ar63b.jpg

Exhaust sits a bit too inside the bumper for my liking. If those Trust shotguns don't fit (and poke outside the bumper) I'll chuck that huge BeeR cannon on there.

2zzhvdw.jpg

Anyway. Just got home. Just a tad stoked about how it turned out.

I'll give the car a polish next weekend, and take some proper pics of it.

Then I'll chuck on these ProjectMU nuts

idtb7q.jpg

Cheers man.

Still a bit undecided on it. Hard to tell it even has a kit at all depending on what kind of surface its parked on, and lighting.

Will keep it like that for a while, if I change my mind I'll spray the whole lot white, but I think body colored front lips are a bit odd looking.

Not soo much on white cars, but still IMO doesn't look as cool as black.

http://cdn.mkimg.carview.co.jp/minkara/photo/000/002/401/911/2401911/p1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

sg4eoj.jpg

Havent taken any whole-car photo's with those on yet.

Maintenance work last weekend got pretty messy.

2uopde1.jpg

2rwkl5f.jpg

Got manifold off to clean the area below it and replace some heater hoses.

Gave everything a quick clean with the wire wheel on the drill.

974mra.jpg

2u90sq9.jpg

2r5dd3k.jpg

Done some other bits n pieces.

Finally got around to buying brake line clips from Nissan. Less than $3.00 each and in stock, should've done it sooner.

ndqu8g.jpg

Removed silicone induction pipe, and put rubber one back on, new Drift dry pod filter, and made some brackets, secured it lower and closer to the headlight. Definitely noticeable difference moving the pod away from the exhaust and in front of a cold air duct (90 degree bend for the standard SMIC still bolted to the body) and now I've got some room to make up an air box and snorkel.