SAU Community

V35 Obd-ii

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone out there has managed to get the OBD-II side of things working in their V35? I have a 2003 V35 350GT and I recently purchased a OBD-II interface unit off good old eBay which claims to be compliant with most protocols. After trying to connect to the car through numerous programs, the best result I have had to date is with a Palmer Performance ScanXL trial. This software will actually connect with my car but doesnt appear to recognise any of the parameters (PIDs) whereas most other software including Centrafuse, Nissan Data Scan, Autoenguity and many others, dont even connect to the car.

Is there any particular trick to getting the car to talk to the software properly? I have installed the necessary virtual com ports to allow the USB to act a a serial port and the physical link between the car and computer is sound as data is passed between both. Im beginning to think that the hardware i purchased simply wont work with the car due to some sort of protocal difference. Maybe its just a case of I got what I paid for!

Reason I am trying to sort all this out is as I get a beeping noise coming from my centre console randomly when the ignition is on. Previous suggestions from members have not yeilded any results so I thought I would try to see if I get any error codes that instantly clear when the noise occurs. Any assistance from anyone who has already got OBD-II working on a 2003 V35 would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Laine

• Thanks 1

it speaks a variant of J1850. that said the only beep you should have in the middle of the dash will be the screen. it you are getting that I would say the service reminder is active.

• Thanks 1

I don't think you will find any OBDII software to work with your 2003 V35 350GT. My ECM doesn't speak OBDII at all, only Consult II protocol. It might be that there was no requirement in Japan to support OBDII protocol back in 2003. Even though all G35 Infinities support it.

Nissan DataScan II will work with your car and you will be able to diagnose and monitor the engine ECU (ECM). The beeping noise might not be related to the ECM though.

Cheers,

Tom

• Thanks 1

I too have tried the ones on eBay with no luck. It seems that the only cable supporting our car is the BlaZt II : http://www.blazt.biz/information/cars.php

has anyone tried and confirmed this? G33K perhaps?

I ordered one last week to test on the V35 for Blazt , so I will let you know how it goes

Edited by Cra-Z-Boy

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the info and as everyone has mentioned, it appears I was misinformed on its capabilites!

With regards to the beep, I have tried pretty much everything I can physically change, including all the service reminders etc, with no luck. My six stacker's feed mechanism is busted and I think it might be related to that seen as I have been unable to find anything that might trigger it.

Anyway, looks like I will be living with the 'beep' for now!

Cheers

Laine

• Haha 1

Wtih the Blatz, can you see anything other than the ecu? body control module, transmission control module (auto).....

Not yet. Only ECM is supported at the moment.

Another option is Autoenginuity with Nissan enhanced support module. The real time data updates and data logs are really slow though.

I have just fitted a Greedy Informeter Touch on my M35 and works perfectly. (first device out of may tried that worked)

Should work fine on a V35 also. (I will test it tomorrow)

Cheers

Andy

So, to be able to see them, is it a matter of hardware or software/firmware update?

Software update. Basic support for other modules is being developed.

google FullScanTechOBDII.zip, that will probably work with basic OBDII cable (VAG style i think, not ELM). but its not all that good.

aside from blazt cable/software, theres also uprev cipher cables/software.

• Thanks 1