SAU Community

R35 Replacement Tyres (for Road Use)

LSX-438

Looking to replace the stock bridgestone RFT's however they seem very exxy for what that are, what have people tried?

Alternatives i can see are:

R888's (perhaps not ideal for the street)

Dunlop SP600 (difficult to source aftermarket atm)

Bridgestone RE070 ($$$)

Pirelli PZero (???)

The pirelli is only $500/fronts and $600/rears it's not a RFT but has anyone tried these? They are apparently the same size (255/40/20 and 285/35/20)

Any other suggestions?

cheers

Looking to replace the stock bridgestone RFT's however they seem very exxy for what that are, what have people tried?

Alternatives i can see are:

R888's (perhaps not ideal for the street)

Dunlop SP600 (difficult to source aftermarket atm)

Bridgestone RE070 ($)

Pirelli PZero (???)

The pirelli is only $500/fronts and $600/rears it's not a RFT but has anyone tried these? They are apparently the same size (255/40/20 and 285/35/20)

Any other suggestions?

cheers

Shouldn't be a problem running a non RFT if you carry a bottle of sealant and a compressor with you ala Porsche 911. I do anyway even with the RFT's so I can repair them if I get a flat which I've had to do twice. The ride should be smoother and unsprung weight should come down significantly using a conventional tyre. Not sure about insurance hassles if you switch to a non RFT though. I'm seriously considering the Pirelli as well for my next change.

If you're considering swapping to a non-RFT anyway you may even consider going to 295/30-20 and 255/35-20 non RFT which has a slightly lower sidewall which should be compensated for by the more compliant non RFT construction which hopefully wont give a worse ride than the standard RFT tyres. These size tyres are half the price of the DSST600 and Bridgestone. This opens you up to a range of Goodyear F1's, Continentals, Sumitomos, Hankooks and Michelins.

Edited by fungoolie

Yesterday I replaced my Dunlop SP600s with the Bridgestones. I wanted to get another set of Dunlops but had difficulty tracking down a set for a reasonable price. I ended up getting the Bridgstones from Taleb for $2700 delivered.

I found the Dunlops performed very well on both the road and track. I covered roughly 14,000km on the street and used them on 4 track days. It will be interesting to see how the Bridgestones compare, especially on the track.