SAU Community

Wheels Hitting Something! Advice?

ok so.. i bought a set of drift tecks for my 33 gts-t, was told they are r33 gts-t offset of +18 and are 9.5'' wide.. trouble is i cant get full lock when i turn the wheels.. as u can see in the picture the rims are rubbin on this part (part shown in picture) and i dont no wat to do as the ppl i bought them from wont take returns.. can i buy an aftermarket arm that is skinnier or sumfen to change out the one that is in the way? (the picture shown is the front right, you can see where the rim has been rubbing due to the shinny spot on the arm.. also what is the name of teh part that the rim is rubbin on??

thanx :)

post-67907-1274764098_thumb.jpg

Edited by unc33

hmm interesting, I was running 18x9 +10 for a long time and the only rubbing that occured was from the guards... your width brings the rim in 6mm and then the offset another 8mm. You could change your tyre size or you could try a 5mm or 10mm spacer

are you sure that is the offset of the rim? +18 should sit our well clear of that, even with being 9.5". i'd double check the offset of the wheels. it should be written on the back of 1 of the spokes.

you're only legal option is new wheels.

an illegal option is spacers

i no its not the tyre rubbing because i took the rim off and the paint off that section of the rim is gone.. plus the sound from the rubbing is not rubber to metal. it is deffinately metal to metal.. i no that the wheel is a 18x9.5 with +18 offset.. i wana no if u can buy aftermarket parts of the arm that goes from the hub to the upper part of the suspension? spacers would be an option but the rim already sit on the edge of the gaurd and id prefer it if the rim was inside or flush with the gaurd..

if they are already sitting out near the edge of the guard then i think your only option will be different wheels. as far as i know there aren't really any aftermarket uprights available. there may be, but i'm not aware of any.

most people don't usually run 9.5" wide wheels on the front. generally they will only run 8's, or 9's at the most. there are a few running 9.5's with similar offset to you without issues though. that is why i asked if you were sure of the offset.