SAU Community

Nissan Skyline Coupe Vs Infiniti Coupe

Hi all. I m looking to import a skyline 350gt coupe in n the dealer helping me to find a car here from japan gave me a few cars to choose. All cars r up for auction this week n I notice that the cars r badged as Nissan n Infiniti. I thought Infiniti r the Nissan equivalent in the USA n they r only sold in north America. Is this the case or there r Infiniti version of the 350gt also available in japan or these r cars from the US? Are they any difference between to 2 cars with different badge? Should I only look for Nissan badged ones? Really appreciate any help n advice I can get as I need to update the dealer soon. Thanks all in advance.

they're just V35's with Infiniti badges, cos they're deemed cooler by some Japanese guys. Just make sure its a RHD and you'll be right, as all the real Infiniti G35's are LHD.

Oddly in the US, some guys think it's cooler to have it badged Skyline.

Grass is always greener on the other side I guess?

Thanks for the reply received so far. So I guess regardless of whether the car is badged as a Nissan or Infiniti, is it the same car? Also, are there any reliability issue with the Infiniti when compared to a Nissan? Are they both made in Japan? Or are those cars with the Infiniti badge just a Nissan which the previous owners rebadge themselves to Infiniti?

Really appreciate the replies and hope more will give me a better idea on this.

Thanks!