SAU Community

Importmonster.com.au

Hey guys i saw on here earlier about sourcing parts from ImportMonster.com.au for another choice BUT....

A. The parts mostly on there (VIA Yahoo! Auctions i will add) are dirt cheap! but Too Cheap?

B. Shipping Costs Are Maddness!!! i was looking at a set of coilovers - just say for instance $160 - cheapest was $450 all up! via sea and pickup melbourne (god knows how i would get it then lol as im up at brizzies)

does this sound right?

Item Cost: 12,000¥

Japanese Domestic Freight: 5,000¥

Import Monster Commission: 2,500¥

Total Japan Costs: 19,500¥

Exchange Rate: $1AUD buys: 75.01¥

Import Duty: 1,200¥

Container Freight Cost: $125.00

Australian Domestic Freight: N/A

Sub Total: $400.96

GST: $40.10

Total: $441.06

Edited by RiCkY TuTtY

$450 is still dirt cheap for a full set of coilovers

dont get me wrong that is very cheap! (wish i could find cheaper in aus... ;)) i had a look at the currency charts to and May is shtihouse atm....

now its at 75yen for 1AUD, last month it was 88yen

Edited by RiCkY TuTtY

Rick,

Once there in the Melbourne Warehouse, it wont be all that expensive to get them freighted to Brisvegas.

You have a few options and Skinnydog Freight is the cheapest. For all those uninitiated a skinny dog is also a Greyhound. Just have to get them to the Melbourne Depot and I'm sure Aaron would be only to kind to assist.

I have bought heaps in from Japan using Import Monster & although sometimes things are often expensive, combining the freight to Oz is always the best way, particularly with smaller items coming EMS.

Cheers, D

Importmonster is very bad..........for your marriage :)

Wheels, coilovers, flares, spoilers, wheels, hot plates, random spares and did I mention wheels!

not good for the bank account either.

I've had two sets of rims from importmonster now, and nothing bad to say at all... the second set only cost me $55 to ship from VIC to NSW door to door!

Importmonster is very bad..........for your marriage :)

Wheels, coilovers, flares, spoilers, wheels, hot plates, random spares and did I mention wheels!

not good for the bank account either.

Moral of this story is "don't be married" lol

Somebody please explain the benefits of marriage (says me after 23 years) when you can just go to the library instead of owning the book.

D

Importmonster are awesome, they have to make money somehow.

I bought a steering wheel for my GTT through them, very happy with there service, it arrived in these then a week from Japan. I paid something like 60cents for the wheel, the rest was postage and fees but still way cheaper then buying here in AUS.

The trick is to buy as cheap as possible from the auctions cause you have to factor in the postage and fees. But $450 is cheap for coilovers.

Somebody please explain the benefits of marriage (says me after 23 years) when you can just go to the library instead of owning the book.

D

Been on the same book for 32 years...can't seem to be able to put it down :P

You just have to look at Import Monsters comission and do the maths and he does make much percentage on the sale.

It's your shipping costs that hurt from Japan as to send by post your limited by weight.

20kg usually for EMS (International Express Post) or 30kg if posting by Sea.

Then there's size limitations to factor in.

Trust me I've been through this so many times sending gear back from Japan.

If it was cheap and easy then everyone would be doing it

Unless your prepared to wait and send in a container you got to be prepared to pay a bit for freight.

And like everyones saying, the coin your spending is bugger all for a set of imported shocks!

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't think so mate but if it's what you like go for it.

It can be a painful and expensive experience trust me.

I think you'd be better off with a 240K ,DR30 or maybe a Laurel for that money.

I'll chase up what I mean by Laurel

Cheers

Here check these out

old school cool

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/2010/...-nissan-laurel/

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/article.cg...issanLaurel1976

They look a little like the 240K from some angles.

Funny thing is I'm old enough to remember when the 240K was released in Aust and it was slammed for being ugly :-)

How times and taste changes...they look so cool now

Edited by R34

I wouldn't think so mate but if it's what you like go for it.

It can be a painful and expensive experience trust me.

I think you'd be better off with a 240K ,DR30 or maybe a Laurel for that money.

I'll chase up what I mean by Laurel

Cheers

The prices of 240k coupes are absolutely insane in Japan now. Buy it now prices of over $33k! Makes the old C10's of mid 20's a couple of years ago look like a steal!

DR30 prices in Japan seem to have levelled off though.

I love C210's so if I'm going to import something that's going to be it but that's a long way off if ever.

saying that, i also like C110's and one of them would be cool as well.

My biggest worry with importing one of them is the condition it is over there, i can't get there so i can't check and just have to take their word for it.

and also getting it through the pits and registered/complied here would be an expensive headf**k.

Why do you refer to JDM C110's as 240K's? 240K was the export name for the C110 for AUS and Britain.

Funny thing is I'm old enough to remember when the 240K was released in Aust

You bloody old fart you! lol

I bought my first Nissan in September '73 from Capital Motors at Auburn NSW, the very site that is now Reading Cinemas. It was a nice mustard yellow 180B SSS and I bought it because it was quicker than an 240K, not quite as quick as an 240Z until Messrs Ray & Don Selby went to work on it for a week and then no series production 240Z got near it.

If I was considering importing a JDM car, or US car, and I wanted a bit of classic & modern together, I would be looking seriously at an M30 Infinity or Leopard.

But if you want a modern DR30, go buy an R34.

Cheers, D