SAU Community

HKS GT SS vs 2530's vs Trust T517Z's

jezzrrr

2.6L

tomei 260 cams 9.15 lift spl t51 on it custom tubular manifold turbo comes in at 3750rpm and full boost @5000 currently running 692.7@hubs on 1.95 bar boost but back in tuners for bigger numbers cos my ex tuner forgot to dial the cams in wink.gif
complete fully forged engine build external fuel pumps etc

I just bought a car yesterday with 10cm units fitted, will be interesting to see how I like them as my last Gtr had -5's. Justin you would know the car, silver, jun engine bits, built in Hobart......

Ed's GTR was his life and soul for a looong time... Be nice to her :3some:

Seriously though... you pretty much just bought the tomei engine catalog.

NOS was the number one mod in the fast and furious movie, yet 12 years later and its the least used mod, it's pretty amazing that hardly anyone uses it. I think E85 and billet turbos outperforms it by far interms of reliability and price.

^This 34 made 842rwkw with Nos and 963rwkw without ..lol

That either smoked the rollers or someone can't set up N20 to save them self...

N20 is amazing stuff... but it's like anything, it's all in the details. There might be a handful of people in Aus who really understand nitrous... and not many can relate that knowledge to small capacity fuel injected boosted applications.

sorry to hijack thread but has anyone found results for the Hks T51R SPL i've seen claims of on boost by 3800 and 36 psi by 5 grand

WTF.... why would you ask about a T51R in a -5/T517Z thread???

Is that a stroker ? I would imagine these turbos to be perfectly suited to a 2.7/2.7L etc

Stock stroke, 272 10.5 cams etc, having only just picked it up I'm keen to check af ratios ignition timing etc before I stick my boot into it, currently running 1.5 + bar.

Ed's GTR was his life and soul for a looong time... Be nice to her :3some:

Seriously though... you pretty much just bought the tomei engine catalog.

Actually the jun catalogue, but yep, have plans to tidy it up a bit. Check the tune, etc. I'm interested to see how the trust puppies perform, I lent on it a bit on the way home, slight bit of shuffle up a hill, has map sensor not Mac, so all was good. Will be interesting.

• 3 years later...

Hi folks, sorry to bring up years old post, but I am in the US and we are terribly late in getting into the Skylines.

Is HKS GT-SS kit still available?  Many websites still list it for sale, but HKS' official website is showing this kit discontinued...

5 hours ago, TXSquirrel said:

Hi folks, sorry to bring up years old post, but I am in the US and we are terribly late in getting into the Skylines.

Is HKS GT-SS kit still available?  Many websites still list it for sale, but HKS' official website is showing this kit discontinued...

Purchase Garrett garrett -9's. They're  the same same.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2016 at 1:42 PM, Piggaz said:

Purchase Garrett garrett -9's. They're  the same same.

Thanks for the reply!  I did some more search on Garrett and GT-SS, and I find the new Garrett "-2's" are basically GT-SS copy?  Would you folks know anything about the -2's?

1 hour ago, r32-25t said:

You mean -9?

-9s are exactly the same as the gtss but doesn't the hks actuator 

Hmmm here is what I find.  

The Garrett part number for -9's is 707160-5009S and for -2's is 836026-5002S.  The turbine side is identical for both, but the -2's has updated compressor side for improved response and basically a GT-SS replica.  Both belong come from the GT2859R series instead of GT2860R, so neither comes with actuator but can be added anyway.

8 hours ago, sneakey pete said:

anyone interested to see how the new hks 'gt3's perform?

According to HKS' own website, it's supposedly better than GT-RS throughout the entire RPM range.  I guess that means GT-RS probably will be discontinued sooner or later...

10 hours ago, r32-25t said:

Looked into it, we still call them -9s just under the new part number. Yes they are the gtss 

I just want to make sure I am getting the right turbos... 

I am also interested in getting Tomei's exhaust manifolds, but is that a waste of money?  Since the inner port size of -9's flange is smaller than the port size of Tomei's flange?

The tomei manifolds are a waste of money due to the fact they crack, have seen factory manifolds that have been open up a little make over 600 Australian horsepower at the wheels

Word has it from experienced turbo tuner on the rb26 TOMEI exhaust manifolds and other exhaust manifolds will increase lag.

Are GT3 based on GTX technology.

I Just wish HKS could just release a full range of GTX Bolt on twins for RB26

Edited by RB335

2 hours ago, RB335 said:

Word has it from experienced turbo tuner on the rb26 TOMEI exhaust manifolds and other exhaust manifolds will increase lag.

Are GT3 based on GTX technology.

I Just wish HKS could just release a full range of GTX Bolt on twins for RB26

Have done a back to back myself about 6 years ago. Took off a set (which was the second set in total) of Tomri manifolds and went back to tickled stock items. No difference at all. On top of that, the second set blew a hole in number 1 runner within 1,500 kms. They're garbage.

Put the money you save towards something useful, like an aftermarket front diff.

As for GT-RS's. No one would miss them if they wernt made anymore.